Half-Assed GDT: Quack Attack @ Blue Note, Game 1 7PM CST Bally Sports Midwest

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
It still blows my mind it only took Blais and a 2nd to get Buch.

I know the rangers were in a pinch but still

Yep, I never got it either but I suspect there was a bridge burned at some point between Buchy's camp and the Rangers. I've heard in interviews how Drury can be pretty tough in negotiations, which could explain some of their roster moves in recent years. They justify it by saying they "had to" trade him for cap reasons, but I'm not buying that as the only reason. Whatever the reason, we are lucky to have him.

Nice to see Acciari get rewarded for his strong play this season. That's a heck of a checking 3rd line, although it took a lot of the bite away from the 4th line. And while Buch, Kyrou and Thomas get most of the praise from this game, how about Brayden Schenn? He's been one of the few guys who's played well all year and deserves a ton of credit too.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Yep, I never got it either but I suspect there was a bridge burned at some point between Buchy's camp and the Rangers. I've heard in interviews how Drury can be pretty tough in negotiations, which could explain some of their roster moves in recent years. They justify it by saying they "had to" trade him for cap reasons, but I'm not buying that as the only reason. Whatever the reason, we are lucky to have him.

Nice to see Acciari get rewarded for his strong play this season. That's a heck of a checking 3rd line, although it took a lot of the bite away from the 4th line. And while Buch, Kyrou and Thomas get most of the praise from this game, how about Brayden Schenn? He's been one of the few guys who's played well all year and deserves a ton of credit too.
Schenn has been good. I was worried about his contract extension but he has played well these last few years

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
Not concerned with the 3rd period, the Blues weren’t going to waste much of their energy for a game that was over.

Love the Tucker scrap at the end. I want to keep him on the team.

Great game overall by the Blues.
I've been concerned about our third periods, but up 5-1 against a bad team you really can't expect too much. Sure, they got outshot 13-5, but they answered the one goal they gave up.

This is just one of those situations that you shrug your shoulders and move on. There was no point in doing anything other than getting off the ice with the win and without getting anybody torn up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad