Québec M15 AAA Élite (QM15AAA E) questions - Help plz

YYC Dad

Jan 29, 2024
Hey all, registered to see if anyone can help me with this kind of question. Lmk, it would be appreciated.

Can any of you help me understand this M15 league in Quebec?

I am new to the "elite" hockey, as I played with dinosaurs, and horse hair goalie pads.

Son's a 09 goalie (U15AA in Western Canada), and the team is heading to a tournament in la Belle Province.

This tournament coming up::

www.tournoi-bantam-st-jean.org

Tournoi National M-15 St-Jean-sur-Richelieu

1. Can anyone explain to me hockey in Quebec?
  2. I assume M15AAA Elite is the highest level of hockey in Quebec? Would be similar to our U15AAA in hockey canada?
  3. If so, why are the M15AAA teams almost 100% 2010's? Why wouldn't they be called M14?
  4. Anything above M15 AAA Elite?
  5. We have 6 2010's.
  6. Is M15AAA all of Quebec, or, is there a north and south?
  7. Is there an over / under on how badly our U15AA Calgary team is going to get smoked by the AAA Elites?

Elite prospects is weird, maybe the league is also.

But, trying to rank the 7 teams has been difficult, as they look to give almost 3 points/game. 1 for showing up.

Any and all info would be very appreciated.

FYI, if anyone has read this far:

a list of the teams:

1. Calgary Royals (Alberta) U15AA
2. Canam Beauce-Appalaches (HQ rank of ~19/22)
3. Collège Français Rive-Sud (HQ rank 21/22)
4. Dynamiques Coll. Charles-Lemoyne (16/22)
5. Grenadiers du Lac St-Louis (5/22)
6. Intrépide de l'Outaouais (10/22)
7. Noir et Or de Mortagne (2/22)
8. Vert et Noir de Fadette (8/22)

We will likely be challenging the bottom teams. It should be interesting, as we can play with "good teams"... But AA teams. We have about 3 to 5 kids that get called up to AAA. But we have no idea how good the hockey is out there. I assume with the history and tradition, and population, that it is very strong.

You will see we are a decent AA team.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Hey all, registered to see if anyone can help me with this kind of question. Lmk, it would be appreciated.

I am new to the "elite" hockey, as I played with dinosaurs, and horse hair goalie pads.

Son's a 09 goalie (U15AA in Western Canada), and the team is heading to a tournament in la Belle Province.

2. I assume M15AAA Elite is the highest level of hockey in Quebec? Would be similar to our U15AAA in hockey canada?
  3. If so, why are the M15AAA teams almost 100% 2010's? Why wouldn't they be called M14?
  5. We have 6 2010's.
  7. Is there an over / under on how badly our U15AA Calgary team is going to get smoked by the AAA Elites?

But, trying to rank the 7 teams has been difficult, as they look to give almost 3 points/game. 1 for showing up.

a list of the teams:

We will likely be challenging the bottom teams. It should be interesting, as we can play with "good teams"... But AA teams. We have about 3 to 5 kids that get called up to AAA. But we have no idea how good the hockey is out there. I assume with the history and tradition, and population, that it is very strong.

M15AAA Elite is the strongest U15 in Quebec, it contains all the players in Quebec. The players are 09s, there is only about 10 2010 players in the whole league this season.

There is nothing above M15AAA Elite. I'd say 4-5 players per team will get drafted in the QMJHL.

My experience from teams coming from outside is they get smoked most of the time. It is quite a concentrated and strong caliber, similarly to our Midget AAA which is the strongest in the country by far in my opinion. In Quebec, there's basically 20 teams that will fill 2/3 of 18 QMJHL teams in their entirety (the other 1/3 coming from maritimes). So those 20 teams do have some talent on them.

As for specifics on these teams... they aren't necessarily very strong teams to be honest except Noir et Or and Grenadiers.

Noir et Or is the strong one in that group, probably 4-5 players going in the first 3-4 rounds of the QMJHL draft.

College-Francais is a fast, hard-working team but not a lot of high-end talent. Beauce-Appalaches has been up and down for me.

Gatineau actually has one heck of a top line that's going to be hard to counter. Vert et Noir also has a forward (Desrochers) who can absolutely take over games.

Grenadiers are pretty good, that's the team with the most 2010s... likely the first overall pick in the QMJHL draft in two years is on that team.

I hope this helped!

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

5. We have 6 2010's.

a list of the teams:

The Quebec system is a great and terrible system at the same time.

It has the U18 AAA (midget) which is one of the stronger midget programs in the country. There is a U17 developmental league (espoir). After that, there's the U15, which is more of a catch-basin for kids who can't play U17 or U18 for one reason or another (for 2010s, age would be a big one).

For example, Alexis Joseph (the best 09 from Quebec) is playing U18, because he received exceptional status, but there are plenty of 09s that are getting playing time in U17, because U15/U17 work like academies.

Also, I don't know why but when I first clicked on your link, the roster showed as all 2010s, but when I manually go into the league, the rosters are showing mostly 2009s with a couple of 2010s sprinkled in.

YYC Dad

Jan 29, 2024
Awesome. Tks all.

I was just double checking we weren't in M15AAA (2010's - accidentally). But also to see what AAA Elite means. I suppose it's like everyone gets a medal. I suppose AAA Elite, super awesome masters of the universe was already taken. haha.

Yes, it sounds like our little U15AA team is going to have a "learning" weekend.

There are a couple of kids that can hang with the AAA kids, so the kids are going to learn a lot. It's not about winning or losing, but let's hope it stays close-ish, at least for the bottom 2 teams we face.

My son is a goalie, and let's say he can't wait to face some of the best AAA skill quebec has. But, unless they win vs AAA teams (not likely), the best team they will face this weekend will be VERT ET NOIR E. FADETTE. and that Malik Desrochers (F) kid. Or maybe that 1.45pts /game Antoine Provencher (F) with CanAm.

No worries, just try to keep the save % with a marginal reasonable rate, and stop half or more of the breakaways. haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00