QMJHL team moving?

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
I think the only way that professional/major junior hockey works in Newfoundland is if they can play the games via VR, or Star Trek-style transporters become a thing.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
giphy.webp

Takuto Maruki

Ideal and the real
Dec 13, 2016
Brandon, Manitoba
There is simply no way to get a team to work in Newfoundland, in any capacity if we're being realistic. Your nearest Quebec opponent is Baie-Comeau. Your Maritime brethren are a flight away, and major junior teams, especially out west, only really use those once (or twice, if it's a championship series like Prince Albert and Vancouver) to cut travel costs.

Realistically, since I doubt that this actually comes to pass, is there anywhere in the Northeast/Quebec that would even want a team? Would Granby be? interested, I have my doubts that the Q will go down south into Maine again.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
There is simply no way to get a team to work in Newfoundland, in any capacity if we're being realistic. Your nearest Quebec opponent is Baie-Comeau. Your Maritime brethren are a flight away, and major junior teams, especially out west, only really use those once (or twice, if it's a championship series like Prince Albert and Vancouver) to cut travel costs.

Realistically, since I doubt that this actually comes to pass, is there anywhere in the Northeast/Quebec that would even want a team? Would Granby be? interested, I have my doubts that the Q will go down south into Maine again.
This post is sadly 100 percent accurate. Organized hockey is done in Newfoundland and Labrador, it's time to move on. There is not enough money on top of what you have said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad