GDT: QF - CAN vs. SVK May 23, 2024

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Canada obvious faves but I think this will be a close game. Shorten the bench.. run the stars and hit everything that moves is my guess at the Slovak strategy. Good luck hlavaj! You will probably be busy.

Curious how Bedard does.. he seems to be 'pissy'.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
So, I won’t be going out for Chinese food, or for a swim, or even to Thursday morning church, but with my 1-hour run I need to leave home by 6:15 to get to work in time to see the opening Faceoff.

The challenge of a west coast runner.

Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
So, I won’t be going out for Chinese food, or for a swim, or even to Thursday morning church, but with my 1-hour run I need to leave home by 6:15 to get to work in time to see the opening Faceoff.

The challenge of a west coast runner.
I'll be up at 10, shut down the "poll", watch the game, cut the grass, watch the 2nd game, visit Church and dinner.

I have a FULL day ahead. :)

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
We need to play how we played vs the States and not like vs Sweden. We were completely lifeless out there. No energy, no fight in them whatsoever.

Losing Pospisil obviously hurts a lot, but we still need to bring the physicality and start hitting them from the opening whistle.

This would also be a good time for Slaf to score his first goal of the tourney. 7A in 7G is respectable enough but he's asking for that goal. He's the kind of player who thrives in games like these.

salwan

Nov 4, 2023
We need to score first somehow or at least keep it close until the third.
Hlavaj will have to play at least an A- game.

I'm not worried about the effort in an elimination game, just stay focused for 60 minutes, help your teammate and be smart. A PP goal is probably too much to ask for though.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
We need to score first somehow or at least keep it close until the third.
Hlavaj will have to play at least an A- game.

I'm not worried about the effort in an elimination game, just stay focused for 60 minutes, help your teammate and be smart. A PP goal is probably too much to ask for though.
Calling it here. We score on the PP today. Slaf or Hudacek.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Would love to see Slaf do well, but would be nice to see Canada dominate.

Would be nice to see PLD do something today as well. I keep expecting him to 'wake up', but alas, I'm running out of patience.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Reid giving the straight dope on the Bedard situation.

No bad penalties and pick good spots to take risks, it's not an NHL regular season game playing for a bottom feeder.

Let's hope he rises to the occasion with the shifts he gets.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I predict CANADA will win... and (maybe surprisingly), rather easily.

QUESTION regarding Slovakia: will they have NHL players available during the Olympic Qualification Tournament?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That's not good at all for Slovakia... they needed to keep it close.

Not a good goal at all... Bedard the Lemieux through the legs to Kariya thing to get that going!

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad