GDT: QF - CAN vs. SVK May 23, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Random Thought: It's crazy to me to think about how far we have fallen off in the goalie department.

Bennington is not an elite goalie, and neither are the other 2 goalies on the roster.

WTF has happened..?
I'll start with I'm not a Binnington fan.. but he's damn good.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Yeah can't fault them for the goal, but I haven't loved their response the last few shifts after the goal (wasn't terrible, but a lot more zone time for Slovakia than they should be allowing). That, they can control, and it's been a big problem for this team all tournament. They allow a goal by an inferior opponent and then it starts to snowball a bit. We saw it vs GB, Austria, Switzerland, Czechia...
I do not think that Czech or Switzerland are that much inferior in this tourney, if at all...

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If I'm Slovakia.. I'm thrilled.. got a good chance, 1 goall game... withstood the storm.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Random Thought: It's crazy to me to think about how far we have fallen off in the goalie department.

Bennington is not an elite goalie, and neither are the other 2 goalies on the roster.

WTF has happened..?

Now look at our best-on-best goalie roster.

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Eco

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think Stuart Skinner will be the Canada goaltender at the next Olympics, but it's definitely not set in stone imo.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think Stuart Skinner will be the Canada goaltender at the next Olympics, but it's definitely not set in stone imo.
I love Stu but he's a career .880 in playoffs over 2 seasons. He's not clutch.... I'll add 'yet' as he's young.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Slovakia knows damn well this shouldn't be a one goal game so if they get the next one...........watch out there will be hell to pay.

Canada needs the next one.

Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Slovakia definitely playing with more confidence after THAT goal. Canada clearly the better team but uncharacteristically lacking precision - they get themselves into great positions to score but don’t hit the target, don’t force saves from the goalie.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
My biggest "hot take" regarding Canada's Olympic team... leave Mitch Marner at home. Sure by stats he's there, but I think I'd sacrifice some stats for guys that are more difficult to play against.

Reactions: HabSgt and Eco

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I admit I haven't been paying attention to this, but I am surprised QC has only one player on the team, that being PLD of course.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I admit I haven't been paying attention to this, but I am surprised QC has only one player on the team, that being PLD of course.
Quebec is in trouble hockey wise. Miles behind Ontario and BC right now.

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad