OT: PWHL: Ottawa Charge

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
It’s a Ringette ring!

It’s a Ringuette disc!
giphy.gif

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
The explanation is killing me. It's like they're trying to explain a supremely unfunny joke hoping you'll get it and find it funny too. Get it guys? It's a c AND an o! For Charge and Ottawa! It's very subtle!

This is just "we have the Cleveland Cavaliers logo at home" with Calgary Flames colors for some reason. You know you're hurting when the new Lacrosse team has better branding than you do.

Also why the electric theme out of nowhere? Theme it around a cavalry charge, as in the RCMP. JFC, it's right there. They spent a year on this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
The explanation is killing me. It's like they're trying to explain a supremely unfunny joke hoping you'll get it and find it funny too. Get it guys? It's a c AND an o! For Charge and Ottawa! It's very subtle!

This is just "we have the Cleveland Cavaliers logo at home" with Calgary Flames colors for some reason. You know you're hurting when the new Lacrosse team has better branding than you do.

Also why the electric theme out of nowhere? Theme it around a cavalry charge, as in the RCMP. JFC, it's right there. They spent a year on this?
Reading the marketing speak trying to explain that it's an O with a cut in it which makes it a C nearly gave me an aneurysm. God, I'm glad I didn't have to go into copywriting.

They really should've just gone with the Ottawa Alerts. Would it be a perfect name? No, but at least it would *have* history relevant to the sport and city and it would attempt to draw a thru-line to Ottawa's sporting past, just as the Senators - and even the Redblacks to a degree - have done.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Reading the marketing speak trying to explain that it's an O with a cut in it which makes it a C nearly gave me an aneurysm. God, I'm glad I didn't have to go into copywriting.

They really should've just gone with the Ottawa Alerts. Would it be a perfect name? No, but at least it would *have* history relevant to the sport and city and it would attempt to draw a thru-line to Ottawa's sporting past, just as the Senators - and even the Redblacks to a degree - have done.

Every team has color scheme connections to other sports franchises in their cities with slight changes. Except Ottawa, who just look like Cleveland and Calgary's illegitimate lovechild.

I honestly don't get this decision at all, it's so brutal lol
Do black and rusted copper blue-green because of Parliament's roofs if you wanna be different that badly.

Too bad the PWHL marketing team isn't smart enough to read, because I'm open for consultation. That's two freebies now.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Guys, come on. Just think about how on point the crowd pump up diddy that ends with everyone yelling !!!CHARGE!!! is going to be...

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This is going to used, multiple times, each and every game…. Am already annoyed by it

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Every team has color scheme connections to other sports franchises in their cities with slight changes. Except Ottawa, who just look like Cleveland and Calgary's illegitimate lovechild.

I honestly don't get this decision at all, it's so brutal lol
Do black and rusted copper blue-green because of Parliament's roofs if you wanna be different that badly.

Too bad the PWHL marketing team isn't smart enough to read, because I'm open for consultation. That's two freebies now.

In something like 24 hours someone takes the horrible name/concept and pumps out something better. It’s just amateur hour. I think it’s a symptom of having centralized ownership with no local affinity.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
As bad as our logo is, I legit don't feel the overall name is that bad. Montreal has a cool logo, but the lamest name. Calling your team the Montreal Victory is so lazy. Toronto Sceptres? It'd be cooler if it was horror themed like Spectres. Ottawa's name is pretty mid as well, referring to the city motto.

I like the American teams names so much more.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
After a few days to digest, Boston Fleet is really good, the rest of the league is ok.

But Ottawa is a complete fail.

Wrong color story and the name has zero connection to the Ottawa Gatineau region.

The fact they went red but didn't follow it up with white and black is bad.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Guarantee all names/logos/colour schemes where outsourced to and created by a single firm. Not a single identifiable trait or characteristic for any team. It's all styalized letter font - not a single actual 'logo' among them.

Now compare it with the NHL O6... Soul vs souless

Edit: these would be considered bad shoulder patches on a regular sweater

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad