OT: PWHL: Ottawa Charge

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
PWHL OTTAWA

W otw otl L
8 1 6 9

9 wins, 15 loses

62 Goals for, 63 goals against

IT HAS GOT TO BE IN THE WATER.. we need to drain the Rideau canal, pour a few million gallons of bleach to clean the place out and then re-introduce water..

You can download water quality from the stations around the city. The analysis has 3-4 pages of stuff. The last page is radioactive material....20-30 items!!! eekkk. YOU FIGURE they have added another section?. "Losing at hockey particulates".. Or maybe "losing at hockey organics'..

We need to know this. Maybe there is a cure.

Remember the early 1990's when they would use water bombers to spray insecticide in California.. We could do the same. Heck, Agent Orange.. The contaminated areas north of Waterloo (where they manufactured the stuff) is still there. We can re-open the plants.

Bombardier makes water bombers.. We get two or three, load up 20-30 Agent Orange canisters and spray the area.

That could help!!

We went from one group of hapless hockey losers, to two! The PWHL batch is a hell of lot, cuter, though!!

1715022351721.jpeg

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
@BondraTime . I noticed the UMass rink where PWHL Boston plays has a goal line that is way further out. Pretty much like the NHL in the past.

Is the NCAA game still using those ice markings?

It looks so strange

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Very telling that amongst all the new awards the PWHL is handing out, we are the only team to have no nominations in any category.

In a six team league that's just embarrassing.

Reactions: Tuna99

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014

I'm not too deeply attentive to the finer dealings of the PWHL, but from this account it seems like we got f***ed over during the free agency period and are now looking down the barrel of an even worse season.

Classic Ottawa mismanagement bullshit.

Best attendance in the league and what do we get for it?
GM seems to be completely incompetent lol I still don’t understand moving Adzija at all

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
GM seems to be completely incompetent lol I still don’t understand moving Adzija at all
Im not sure how I feel about the GM yet, but Adzija very clearly is not a meaningful player to me when you watch the games. She is a perfect player for the Ottawa fan base who tends to love the low skilled nice 4th line or 13th forward type of player. She had 6 points in her final 25 games of the season.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

I'm not too deeply attentive to the finer dealings of the PWHL, but from this account it seems like we got f***ed over during the free agency period and are now looking down the barrel of an even worse season.

Classic Ottawa mismanagement bullshit.

Best attendance in the league and what do we get for it?
Watts was never going to re-sign here. She resented not being treated like a start after having signed a $150,000/year contract in the Premier league. Not all of it was Ottawa's fault, she was available in the sixth round of the PWHL draft and they picked her. But she didn't like playing on the third line for the first half of the season. In Toronto, she's closer to her family, and is in tighter communication with Hockey Canada. When she left her apartment at the end of the season, she discarded all of her Ottawa team mementos.

Of note, Ottawa signed Rebecca Leslie today.

Reactions: Snowwy

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Im not sure how I feel about the GM yet, but Adzija very clearly is not a meaningful player to me when you watch the games. She is a perfect player for the Ottawa fan base who tends to love the low skilled nice 4th line or 13th forward type of player. She had 6 points in her final 25 games of the season.
She was a fan favourite in Ottawa’s first season, selling tickets is worth a lot to a franchise in its infancy

Reactions: Bileur and Snowwy

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
She was a fan favourite in Ottawa’s first season, selling tickets is worth a lot to a franchise in its infancy
Selling tickets wasn’t an issue. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s out of the league this year. Seems very nice but the level isn’t there.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Dead of summer. NO Sens. No 67's. The Redblacks are not exactly the talk of the town.

It is not wise for the team to be active?

Like creating a buzz around a team name/nickname? New uniforms.

Having players here, doing appearances.

They would have the city all to themselves!!!!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Dead of summer. NO Sens. No 67's. The Redblacks are not exactly the talk of the town.

It is not wise for the team to be active?

Like creating a buzz around a team name/nickname? New uniforms.

Having players here, doing appearances.

They would have the city all to themselves!!!!

Last year I questioned why the PWHL teams did not have “Nicknames” or team “Logos” and if this was a sign of poor organizational leadership at the league level…. And then the excuses came rolling in….”Not Enough time, had to be done the right way” and others.

I admittedly am not a follower of the local non named (still) team, and really wouldn’t be able to name a single players name….. So you make and EXCELLENT POINT, this league is freaking terrible at selling themselves, and if you go and do an internet Search, and can find the 2024/25 schedule, please let me know, as I could not.

I assume their season begins in October, but have no clue, it’s like they don’t have clue to, as you say, create any level of Buzz for the local team or the league.

Also, have they had enough time by now to Trademark and Register the team nicknames and create logos?

The team Merch should already be in the stores, and we should at least know the nicknames of the teams.

To me it just seems like a below minor league operation, and perhaps me and others see it that way, and is partially the reason there is no interest as it seems they’re not even trying to expand their fan base.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Last year I questioned why the PWHL teams did not have “Nicknames” or team “Logos” and if this was a sign of poor organizational leadership at the league level…. And then the excuses came rolling in….”Not Enough time, had to be done the right way” and others.

I admittedly am not a follower of the local non named (still) team, and really wouldn’t be able to name a single players name….. So you make and EXCELLENT POINT, this league is freaking terrible at selling themselves, and if you go and do an internet Search, and can find the 2024/25 schedule, please let me know, as I could not.

I assume their season begins in October, but have no clue, it’s like they don’t have clue to, as you say, create any level of Buzz for the local team or the league.

Also, have they had enough time by now to Trademark and Register the team nicknames and create logos?

The team Merch should already be in the stores, and we should at least know the nicknames of the teams.

To me it just seems like a below minor league operation, and perhaps me and others see it that way, and is partially the reason there is no interest as it seems they’re not even trying to expand their fan base.

Season is starting in November iirc, team names and logo's in September. I do agree, their marketing is not great atm.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Underwhelmed? Straight up trash. One year to work on this and this is what they come up with?

I’ve seen dozens of random people on social media who design better logos than this.

I'm trying to be optimistic and it's just not coming

Is it supposed to resemble a bear claw or something?

Reactions: Bileur

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I'm trying to be optimistic and it's just not coming

Is it supposed to resemble a bear claw or something?

It’s just weird to go all in on an “electric charge” theme. Like why? How does this relate to Ottawa? This looks like something you’d get in a video game’s default create a team logos.

I didn’t like the RedBlacks name either but I thought they at least nailed the logo and colour scheme. Their explanation of the saw blade was good, with the lumberjack theme, mascot, alternate uniforms etc. all while tying in Ottawa history with the R.

Here, apparently going all in on the electric charge theme, we replace the classic Ottawa red, black, white colour scheme with red and yellow, which just makes the logo even more reminiscent of the Flames and Cavaliers.

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

It’s just weird to go all in on an “electric charge” theme. Like why? How does this relate to Ottawa? This looks like something you’d get in a video game’s default create a team logos.

I didn’t like the RedBlacks name either but I thought they at least nailed the logo and colour scheme. Their explanation of the saw blade was good, with the lumberjack theme, mascot, alternate uniforms etc. all while tying in Ottawa history with the R.

Here, apparently going all in on the electric charge theme, we replace the classic Ottawa red, black, white colour scheme with red and yellow, which just makes the logo even more reminiscent of the Flames and Cavaliers.
Free charging for all EVs in the parking lot

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

The cavaliers mention seems even more appropriate. Turns out the Charge is the name of their minor league affiliate:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad