PWHL New York Sirens announce primary venue for 24-25 as Prudential Center

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Anyone know what the attendance was at UBS last year for them? Regardless looking at the responses on Twitter the NJ fans aren't to pleased about having another NY team play in their state, they should probably change the name to NY/NJ Siren or something to appease them

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This person implies it was a convenient thing for the team who didn't like the commute to the arena and practice facility

NHLers make high 6 figures at a minimum, so can afford to live in NY burroughs. These women are not making anything close to that, thus explains why they would live in NJ which is cheaper. Location to practice facility is more important than to home rink. 15 home games vs like double that amount to go to the practice facility during the season.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
This person implies it was a convenient thing for the team who didn't like the commute to the arena and practice facility
I don't believe they are practicing at that rink. Newark is probably the better choice. Youth hockey is pretty big in NJ, and girls hockey is growing. Much easier to get to Newark than UBS from Manhattan. Although, not sure they are going to draw much from Manhattan at either spot.

They were the only team with no support last year, so yeah.
When you have 3 different home arenas, kind of hard to get any of them to buy-in. I don't think they will see crowds like they did in Minnesota, but should be ok in Newark.

SirJW

Jan 25, 2007
The LA
Much easier to get to Newark than UBS from Manhattan.
I've taken the train to both Arena's from Manhattan, I would say they are equally easy get to. Both are similar walking distance from the arena's stations. (Prudential Center might be a little longer walk?)

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I've taken the train to both Arena's from Manhattan, I would say they are equally easy get to. Both are similar walking distance from the arena's stations. (Prudential Center might be a little longer walk?)
You're the first person I have heard say that. I have never taken the train to either, but know people who have gone to both. All, except you, have said Newark is easier.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
You're the first person I have heard say that. I have never taken the train to either, but know people who have gone to both. All, except you, have said Newark is easier.
Yep, you can take subway (PATH) to Newark (more frequent trains) as well as commuter train. (limited schedule).
You can only take commuter train to UBS.

SirJW

Jan 25, 2007
The LA
Well, I was gonna add, I think it's where you start from. From the East Side, you just go to the new terminal North of Grand Central. Easy peasy. Like I said, I'm not sure which walk is farther from the station to the arena. UBS had a shuttle bus but I followed the masses who said it takes too long to wait so most walk to and from. I didn't consider frequency of trains cuz I planned it out by the schedule.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad