GDT: PuppyBowl XI.... errrr Pens vs. Nashville!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
We're getting shutout. I'm more skeptical of Fleury than most people, but when you score zero goals, it's not the tender's fault that you lost, whether he lets in 1 goal or 10.

There are way too many worse things about this team to point out before we can start up the Fleury hate wagon again. Our reigning MVP is currently on pace for the worst season of his career.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
I'm gonna go ahead and blame Letang for for this loss by not getting any assists today.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I still think we should have looked at Keenan. This team needs a culture change. We got Bylsma version 2.0

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
A 4-0 loss at home just isn't acceptable. I hope Mario enjoys looking down at all the empty seats right now.

Losing games like this might be better for us than squeaking out a win in a bad game like we did with Disco. Only if management is willing to do something about it though.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Miss Me Yet??????

images

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Losing games like this might be better for us than squeaking out a win in a bad game like we did with Disco. Only if management is willing to do something about it though.

JR really is the key. Shero was too buddy-buddy with Bylsma to get rid of certain players on the roster. I don't get the sense JR is like that.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We're getting shutout. I'm more skeptical of Fleury than most people, but when you score zero goals, it's not the tender's fault that you lost, whether he lets in 1 goal or 10.

Exactly. And honestly, it has to be hard to play behind a team who just isn't putting in any effort. Fleury isn't playing well. But its really freaking hard to play well in this situation. Elite goalies can carry their team through this kind of game and the Caps game. Fleury isn't that. He never will be. He isn't paid to be. There are 4 or 5 goalies in the world who can look good in a game like this on anything close to a regular basis.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Blaming the coach stuff is almost as bad as blaming the goaltender stuff. This is a slog. Way the game's officiated makes games like this common now. You win those with muscle and speed from the forwards and quick decisions by the D.

Personnel is still the problem.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Exactly. MJ at least deserves a playoff run with a full squad first before the "let's fire MJ" starts

I'm tired of blaming everything on injuries. We were missing Malkin, COmeau, and Erhoff today. Some pretty important players, yes, but when you still have the likes of Crosby, Hornqvist, Perron, Bennett, Kunitz, Letang, Martin, Despres, and Downie in the lineup then you still have enough talent at your disposal to at least score a god damn GOAL!!

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Blaming the coach stuff is almost as bad as blaming the goaltender stuff. This is a slog. Way the game's officiated makes games like this common now. You win those with muscle and speed from the forwards and quick decisions by the D.

Personnel is still the problem.

I disagree. There are teams in this league that are able to get results without having the benefit of the talent that we currently have at our disposal. Enough's enoguh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad