Speculation: Puljujarvi Offer Sheet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
Edmonton is/will continue to always be one of the bottom 5 desirable places to live

So, if an opportunity comes up to sign a 6 million dollar plus deal - then it's a possibility

- It would not be an "instant match" for Edmonton

Puljujarvi getting a potential 5M pay increase is not as simple a "trading Barrie. Who else do you get rid of? and then who fills their voids?

If he continues to play well - his AAV is only going to get larger and larger

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
furthermore, let's say Arizona and/or Seattle take it up a notch and go 8.2M

a 1st, 2nd, 3rd is not a big deal if he ends up getting 35ish goals this year

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If I was Puljujarvi's agent (I'm not, btw)... I would probably recommend to him to take a fair bit less on a long-term contract from Edmonton than from anybody else. The opportunity to play with elite players like McDavid and Draisatl will very likely pay greater dividends in the long run.

He's still just 23. He's in line to get another big contract after this one. I mean, there are limitations... Edmonton can't undercut him TOO severely relative to the marketplace. But if it's "a little bit less" in Edmonton... well, I'd take that in his shoes. Because when you are 31, your next contract could be a lot more different if you are coming off big years piling up points beside those guys than the alternative...
:dunno:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Why would anyone offersheet him?

No one else has McDavid.

Very funny. Actually Puljujärvik has impacted McD:s scoring more than vice versa. Also most of Puljus points are at even strenght. The kid has 13p in 11gp with very little pp. He also is really good 200ft player, good net-prescence and huzzle. Modern day power-forward. A lot of teams need players like that.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
-_-

The point is that he's only produced a lot with McDavid. Anyone offersheeting him would be taking a big risk and giving up picks for the opportunity to take the risk on.

He's pacing at almost 100 points this season is he not? A lot of that is McDavid.

No one is going to offersheet him now because he hasn't shown to be a legit top 6 player without McDavid.

Please go looki at his stats before posting this nonsense. This is pure shit. Most of his points are away from McD and even strenght. Why bother post when you are speculating?

Reactions: Ragdoll

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Please go looki at his stats before posting this nonsense. This is pure shit. Most of his points are away from McD and even strenght. Why bother post when you are speculating?

Also… anyone who can come CLOSE to 100 points in the NHL deserves to be there. If he does end up in the 90+ category it will be amazing boost from the 40 point pace last year

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
So you're saying take less in Edmonton 5-6 m for the next 7 years compared to making 7-8.2 m for the next 7 for the "hope of getting more in your next contract"? hahahaha ok

maybe if it wasnt edmonton and you got to live somewhere nice

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
he already left and went home. Most break ups don’t end up in happily ever after
It wasn’t a break up. Just a break.

upload_2021-11-10_15-46-1.jpeg

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Puljujarvi is likely going to be worth that 5-6 million range, to successfully get him to sign you’d likely need to make it for the 7-8 million range at which point you’d be doing Edmonton a favour
I am not sure that is correct. If someone were to offer 8 million x 5 years it would be a struggle to match but anything up to $7.75 million I match without hesitation.

If I was Holland i would be polishing off a copy of that RNH contract to see how that goes.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Pretty sure we had this thread like two months ago and most people said he wouldn't be worth it.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
>60+ F's may be offer sheet eligible, not sure Pulju would be at top of most lists

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

View attachment 478869
Laine, Tkachuk, Dubois and maybe Boeser are better than Puljujarvi but they will also all get a lot more money, so are immune to offer sheets due to the need to pay 4 firsts to get them. Puljujarvi is a step down and might be at risk which is why this discussion is taking place.

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
exactly - puljujarvi is right around that sweet spot where there will be teams looking to get to the cap floor (ARIZONA, BUFFALO) - 8M will be next to impossible for edmonton to match without depleting their roster

dont forget - they dont have a goalie for next year either - those wont come cheap either

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Laine, Tkachuk, Dubois and maybe Boeser are better than Puljujarvi ... Puljujarvi is a step down and might be at risk which is why this discussion is taking place.

i get all that,
but some might still prefer other possibly similarly priced guys - Mangiapane, Gurianov, Zacha, Roslovic, etc

aside from draft position, and production [alongside EO's point-machines (the Warren Young effect?)] ,
is JP much different than others on that list ?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
i get all that,
but some might still prefer other possibly similarly priced guys - Mangiapane, Gurianov, Zacha, Roslovic, etc

aside from draft position, and production [alongside EO's point-machines (the Warren Young effect?)] ,
is JP much different than others on that list ?
The Oilers are up against the cap in a bad way, so that is one of the reasons. Next season they have 5 million in cap space with 14 players signed and Puljujarvi is a RFA, so they are exposed for sure. None of the other players on that list are on teams in this dire of a cap situation.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
This is an automatic match IMO. The oilers would make the cap work with trades.
This would be the most Holland thing ever. Over pay for a borderline complementary winger.
I think it would be hard to get him to sign an offer sheet. Not sure where he gets an opportunity better than the one he currently has.
Also the reason you dont offer sheet with this kind of stupidity.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The Oilers are up against the cap in a bad way, so that is one of the reasons. Next season they have 5 million in cap space with 14 players signed and Puljujarvi is a RFA, so they are exposed for sure. None of the other players on that list are on teams in this dire of a cap situation.

Cap is supposed to go up another 1.5 million plus Klefbom will still be on LTIR. That should leave Edmonton with around 12 million in cap space. The only major contract to sign is JP since Yamamoto won't be getting much of a raise. They might also just sign JP to a 1 year bridge deal since a lot more space opens up in 23/24.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad