Value of: Puljujarvi ++ for your established winger

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
You want Toffoli? Add Pearson as a throw in? How about Muzzin too? Martinez? Carter? Kopitar? Quick? Doughty? Kovalchuk? Sure, some of them have NMC's, but they get to ride McDavid. Let's see a big old time Kings/Oilers multi-player deal.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
He is 20 years old. Has raw tools and was a 4th overall pick.

If you have been following hockey long enough you would know that big players always take longer to develop. He also showed flashes in pre season of his raw ability. I am by no means an oiler fan but he has potential and is worth way more than a third round pick.

He is 20 yes.
He has only raw tools and zero toolbox.

Preseason games against AHL rosters mean nothing.

I have followed Puljujärvi about 5 years and cant see any top 6 in him anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The real question is, after everything Edmonton have experienced and gone through -- how on earth is it possible that they rush a 6'5 winger still growing into his body like Pulju to the NHL/AHL instead of just letting him mature and round of his game back in Finland?

Its really mind-boggling to me. I don't get it. I have followed this league for over 30 years, in light of EDM ought to knowing better, I wonder if this isn't the dumbest decision I ever have experienced in the NHL.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
After promising Puljujarvi consistent linemates, McLellan has played him with legitimately every forward except Chiasson.

The kid is 20 and confused as hell right now. We don’t need to trade him, we need to teach him. And that needs to be done by someone other than Todd McLellan.

Or Gulutzan...send him south and Bill Peters will do it for you. He is doing a good job with Bennett lol

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
We just lost against a really good Preds team. We're 3-3. Relax bud, we don't have to deal Puljujarvi. Play him on the 1st or 2nd line with consistency and you'll see him put up points. He has all the right tools to be a really good power forward.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Is Pulju really a bust two years post draft? His rookie numbers are solid, the whole Oilers team outside of the first line is putting up abysmal numbers.

Reactions: TFHockey

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
STOP IT. Puljujärvi is not a bust. Take a breath. He is 20. And he doesnt even look bad. Just inexperienced.

Reactions: Clayonator

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Take a look at the Pulj thread on the Oiler forum and you’ll see everything you need to know. The fans are pushing him out of town faster than you can blink, calling him low IQ Yakupov 2.0. Personally, I agree. I just don’t see a player with upside here. Makes stupid plays most of the time, skates like Bambi, just wildly inconsistent for his draft position and what he supposedly did before his draft.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
No offense IQ. Taller, faster Yakupov with worse offensive instincts.

Written by a guy who has rarely, if ever, seen this player play the game.

Pujujarvi is 100X smarter than Yakupov when it comes to hockey IQ. Puljujarvi understands his defensive responsibilities and plays them well. Not a bad thing for a 20 year old.

Edmonton has to take the time and develop this player. His offense will come. He is a big kid who can skate. Everyone on here who is saying "bust" either has an axe to grind or is just parroting those who do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad