Proposal: PTOs - Will Isles have any players on a PTO during training camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If Isles bring in a PTO this camp, who would you most like to see out of this group? You can pick 3

• Total voters

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I have listed only forwards on the poll, since I believe Bolduc is the 7th d man.
Who would you like to see?

JVR, LW is an intriguing option. He is a similar style player to Anders Lee, and possibly Tsyplakov.
It would improve the top 9.
  1. Duke - Horvat - Barzal
  2. Lee - Nelson - Palmieri
  3. JVR - JGP - Engvall
  4. Holmstrom - Cizikas - Tsyplakov
Hoffman, LW is an intriguing option to play with Nelson and Palmieri. The same argument could be made about Tyler Johnson or Yamamoto to some extent.
  2. Hoffman - Nelson - Palmieri
  3. Lee - JGP - Engvall
Pacioretty, LW could be an option on the top line, especially if they want more balance, playing Duke with Nelson.
  1. Pacioretty - Horvat - Barzal
  2. Duke - Nelson - Palmieri
  3. Lee - JGP - Engvall
Cousins, LW could be a great option to help rebuild the identity line - Stanley Cup winner and can play anywhere.
  3. Holmstrom - JGP - Engvall
  4. Cousins - Cizikas - Tsyplakov

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I vote Labanc. He's from Brooklyn, we can watch him on our phones.

Symon Asher

Sep 13, 2011
I have listed only forwards on the poll, since I believe Bolduc is the 7th d man.
Who would you like to see?

JVR, LW is an intriguing option. He is a similar style player to Anders Lee, and possibly Tsyplakov.
It would improve the top 9.
  3. JVR - JGP - Engvall
Hoffman, LW is an intriguing option to play with Nelson and Palmieri. The same argument could be made about Tyler Johnson or Yamamoto to some extent.
  2. Hoffman - Nelson - Palmieri
  3. Lee - JGP - Engvall
Pacioretty, LW could be an option on the top line, especially if they want more balance, playing Duke with Nelson.
  1. Pacioretty - Horvat - Barzal
  2. Duke - Nelson - Palmieri
  3. Lee - JGP - Engvall
Cousins, LW could be a great option to help rebuild the identity line - Stanley Cup winner and can play anywhere.
  3. Holmstrom - JGP - Engvall
  4. Cousins - Cizikas - Tsyplakov
Not a fan of Holmstrom. McLean over Holmstrom

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
1) Tyler Johnson - still productive on a bad CHI team, versatile, had 8 PPG last season, Cup winner.
2) Domink Kubalik - only 29, has played well with a playmaker like Barzal in the past (Kane), solid help at LW
3) Kailer Yamamoto - primarily because of age (25) and banking on talent, plus he went 3/4 in shootouts last year lol

4) Nick Cousins - Cup winner, good bottom 6 piece
5) Kevin Labanc - just to bring him close to home and take a chance

I kinda dismiss JVR, Patches, Hoffman, and Wheeler simply due to age...

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Depends what Lou and Roy are looking for....
-On the Defensive side I Vote Nick Cousins
-For Offense Tyler Johnson

Reactions: SI

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Did Bertuzzo sign anywhere? Maybe he would take a PTO. They might want someone to push Bolduc or in case of injury in camp.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Did Bertuzzo sign anywhere? Maybe he would take a PTO. They might want someone to push Bolduc or in case of injury in camp.
I think he's still looking for work.

To be honest, I'd rather bring in Mark Giordano on a PTO because he can play both sides than Bortuzzo, who looked wildly outclassed more than a few times last season.

Reactions: eoin92

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It wouldn't be what one would expect, but Yamamoto is the only player of the above who in recent years killed penalties.

I don't see any purpose in NYI trying any PTO forwards who can't potentially help the PK. Wheeler, Johansen, and Johnson were good PK'ers, but those days are behind them.

Could Wheeler become a player who plays 8-9 minutes a night, including his old PK ability? Idk. would he? Idk.

It seems pretty likely NYI will bring in some defender or other, simply because of injury potential.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Martin or Clutterbuck :sarcasm:

Give it up already, they would not be embarrassed by Lou that way. And why would I do that for league minimum over any of those names above?

Clutter? One of our main PKers, with our PK last year?

Alumni Weekend is over.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I have a suggestion who would fit in well with that list of players. Guy's name is "Ewwww".

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
if they hadnt signed duclair and tsyplakov maybe you dip your toes into the camp invite waters .

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Maybe for depth in camp for pre season games and or injury insurance but we don’t have much room if we’re able to sign them afterwards. I guess a guy could theoretically sign an AHL deal after a PTO

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Zaitsev was a Lou guy and they could use some RHD depth, but he might have already went back to Russia. Gustav Lindstrom had 10 points in 46 games last year and is a younger RHD.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
JVR is still out there, Zadina is intriguing, who weirdly I didn't put on the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad