Confirmed with Link: PTO for Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not surprising in some ways. I didn't think he looked very good in his final year here so I can't imagine he's looked good this run.

A bit surprising they didn't keep him as sort of a 13th forward type and veteran presence in the room. Could have been a key motivator for these guys to get him a cup in his final year similar to how Cogs provided that spark in 2022.

Curious what they do with 4C now. I dont hate Ivanx2 but I'd like to think they could find better in waivers tbh.

I especially hate that Kelly is looking to be the 3C now as well btw.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not surprising, he looked bad in the games I saw him.

Glad to see they aren't just playing the good old boys club and giving him a spot just because.

Like the player and person, but he's 39 and looks it on the ice. This is a business first.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bummer. He's an eminently likeable guy. I didn't see him play but based on what y'all are saying, this was probably the right move.

Also, I believe this leaves Alexandre Texier as the only active French player in the NHL. I could be wrong though, I don't know the status of Benoit-Olivier Groulx.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
tenor.gif
Of course they do.

Of the regular players we'd expect to make the Avs roster this season:
- 11 players have won a Stanley Cup
- 9 players have played 9 NHL seasons or more
- 17 players have played 5 NHL seasons or more

The Avs do not need more "veteran leadership" or "veteran presence in the room".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad