Confirmed with Link: PTO for Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Wow gonna turn 40 in March. No lose situation to bring him in but we just have to hope and pray he doesn't win a spot and someone much younger beats him out for that 4th line role.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think he could easily land as our 4C for next season. Some stats that bode well for him still fitting in are:

- Skating speed 91st percentile
- Faceoffs 53.5%

While he played under 10 minutes a night last season, if we can get a solid 10min from a 4th liner it’s likely an overall improvement on what we currently have for options.

We also know he fits well with the team chemistry wise and is familiar with the system. Great PTO imo.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We need more leaders, even through training camp. Fine by me.

This will be an underrated part of this year.

IMO it was pretty clear the leadership loss of EJ and Landy hurt the team last year. They needed their calming leadership style that helped keep the team, and some of its star players, focused, and not getting overwhelmed emotionally.

Getting Landy back (hopefully) will help in a lot of ways, but he still needs some good soldiers to help carry the load.

Losing Cogs, JJ, and Parise will have an impact that probably needs to be addressed at some point.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm not sure if he's capable of being a full time 4C at this point, I thought he regressed pretty significantly in his final year here and that was what 2 years ago?

That being said... He's a fantastic, fantastic, locker room guy and I think could easily have that Cogliano type of impact in the room where everyone finds that added motivation to try and win this guy a cup.

Given the competition he has 4C I am fully expecting him to get a contract. I'd like to see the Avs utilize him as more of a 4C/13th forward so they can limit his minutes during the year. But yeah, no issues with him getting a contract even if he isn't that good anymore. Just having him in the locker room will make a huge difference come April.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If we're stuck between PEB and Wagner in that 4th Centre role, who would you lot want?
Whoever Bednar will trust to play more than 6.5 minutes a night at even strength and can contribute to the PK. Honestly, I'm not sure how much a difference remains between the two, but that's what camp is for. I don't care who wins, as long as it's someone Bednar trusts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad