Post-Game Talk: PS6 - Los Angeles Nordiques 4 BRUINS 1

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Didn't see the game.

So who was playing on the power play?

Who screwed up to cause the 2 on 1's?
it was on all of them! They couldn't make a pass to save their lives. And like last year, after the pass, fall down for no reason and take out another teammate to add insult to injury. Can't remember a shot on LA net on the PP, while LA had numerous on the PK. D looked brutal. Couldn't clear the zone of make a breakout pass. Lorie was the only positive and just for his offence!

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

QUEBEC CITY — Decidedly short on shots, and generally flat on the attack, the Bruins went through the motions in a 4-1 exhibition loss to the Kings Thursday night before a crowd of 17,334 at the Videotron Centre.

Budding power forward Quinton Byfield collected a hat trick for the Kings, who improved their preseason mark to 4-0-1.

The Bruins, who fell to 2-3-1, wrap up their exhibition schedule Saturday with a game against the Capitals in Washington.

The Bruins, in need of picking up the goals lost with the departures of Jake DeBrusk and Danton Heinen(combined 36 last season), landed only 14 shots on net.

“I thought in the first [period] we were asleep,” said Bruins coach Jim Montgomery. “We weren’t moving our legs. At one point, we said the defensemen aren’t moving their feet and the forwards aren’t skating away from them with any kind of speed.”

From that standpoint, said the coach, “it wasn’t a very good game for us.”

“But you know, we are looking how we are progressing,” added Montgomery. “Not this game, but how we are progressing throughout camp to get ready for Game 1. Generally, feel OK, but I don’t like tonight and I didn’t like the game in New York.”

“Disappointed we didn’t win,” said Brown. “Hard for us to get going, but no excuses, we had to be better. Preseason, regular season, it doesn’t matter. It’s the NHL and we have to be better.”

Minus their rowdy captain, Brad Marchand, sidelined with an illness that had him leave Tuesday’s game early, the Bruins did little with the puck through the opening 40 minutes, and were outshot, 17-6. Brown scored on their fourth shot, which came 32:55 into the night.

Notables:

▪ Joonas Korpisalo turned back 11 shots, including a couple of testers, in the opening 20 minutes. Meanwhile, the Bruins put up a meager two shots on net, one by Tyler Johnson near the 7:00 mark and the other a Mason Lohrei doorstep chance at 16:53 with the clubs skating four a side.

▪ Jeffrey Viel, a Quebec kid (Rimouski) one-punched LA’s Andre Lee to the ground when the two came out of the penalty box firing punches late in the first period. Old-time hockey right there.

▪ In the morning, Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said the club was being “precautionary” in keeping Marchand out of the lineup. Best pals with Patrice Bergeron, Marchand must have been disappointed not to be here for the pregame ceremony honoring the ex-captain.

▪ Montgomery on his goaltending plans for Saturday’s exhibition finale: “To be determined.”

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
So besides barely a handful of players I thought they all stunk last night but I have to ask the Lysell supporters, where was he? He gets another chance after being sent down and that's the effort he puts in? There is a reason, for all that speed and skill, he will be a lifelong AHLer.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Funny but I don't see anyone rushing to post Korpisalo's save pct and GAA lately
You think your boy would have stopped 3 of the 4 of those goals? If you do you are in fantasy land.. If it wasn't for him the Kings would have put 10 on the board.

The team should be ashamed of themselves for that effort regardless of preseason or not.

Mason and Wortherspoon looked like bottom pairs in AHL,

Mason has been terrible in preseason he belongs in Providence to learn how to play defense, he has a long way to go in that department.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You think your boy would have stopped 3 of the 4 of those goals? If you do you are in fantasy land.. If it wasn't for him the Kings would have put 10 on the board.

The team should be ashamed of themselves for that effort regardless of preseason or not.

Mason and Wortherspoon looked like bottom pairs in AHL,

Mason has been terrible in preseason he belongs in Providence to learn how to play defense, he has a long way to go in that department.
No, and it doesn't matter it's preseason which is why the chest thumps over pre season stats were mindboggling to me.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
No, and it doesn't matter it's preseason which is why the chest thumps over pre season stats were mindboggling to me.
Then why did post about his save %?

Goaltending will not be the issue with this team. Having one guy that can score goals will be the problem.

Get ready to see many 2-1 3-1 open net losses this season.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Then why did post about his save %?

Goaltending will not be the issue with this team. Having one guy that can score goals will be the problem.

Get ready to see many 2-1 3-1 open net losses this season.
I think more like 4-3 ot wins. I think the Bruins will score w Lindholm and Poitras as pivots.

Reactions: Kegs

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Someone quick hypnotize him and get him on the ice!

I miss him
Why would he? (I know you are joking) Why would he mess with perfection?

He is a shoo in for the Hall of Fame.
He won a Cup.
Everyone in Boston and around the League respects the hell out of him.
He's handsome as hell.
He's wealthy.

He's like George Clooney for me. Mrs. Number8 knows that I'm a rugged red blooded he man :laugh:. She also knows that every once in a while I can fall into having a man crush.:heart:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
All’s I know is whoever they are they have no place in my life

#teamchimp
We can argue about all kinds of things on this site.

However, for the love of all that is holy, can we just please agree on this^^^^^^

I see a chimpanzee I'm smiling. Unless I'm alone with a group of them in the jungle wearing nothing but a loin cloth. Then I'm a bit on edge. Fortunately doesn't happen too often though.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
We can argue about all kinds of things on this site.

However, for the love of all that is holy, can we just please agree on this^^^^^^

I see a chimpanzee I'm smiling. Unless I'm alone with a group of them in the jungle wearing nothing but a loin cloth. Then I'm a bit on edge. Fortunately doesn't happen too often though.
My wife is terrified of them. We are in couples therapy to address.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Why would he? (I know you are joking) Why would he mess with perfection?

He is a shoo in for the Hall of Fame.
He won a Cup.
Everyone in Boston and around the League respects the hell out of him.
He's handsome as hell.
He's wealthy.

He's like George Clooney for me. Mrs. Number8 knows that I'm a rugged red blooded he man :laugh:. She also knows that every once in a while I can fall into having a man crush.:heart:

Gotta love a man who can admit to having a man crush, especially when it's Bergy.

Mrs Number8 understands!! 😂

• Love
Reactions: Number8

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The telecast was an embarrassment.

The truck was from New Hampshire hired by the Kings but then TVAS decided it was their production.

I only got involved as I wanted to work a game in that arena which is a clone of the arena in Pittsburgh.

Quebec should have a team in the NHL but Montreal wants a monopoly of the francophone market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad