Post-Game Talk: PS6 - Los Angeles Nordiques 4 BRUINS 1

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Not seeing anyone replacing Jakes goals this year
They better hope someone steps into that role. The Bruins prioritized a center and a defenceman. It's unfortunate they couldn't keep him, especially since his deal with Vancouver was WAY less than people thought he was asking for/want.

It's going to take a committee I guess. Having Elias as center helps. But we need a winger to step up other than Marchand. Not sure who that will be, but it's exciting nonetheless.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Not too many positives, but I will try. Once things are ironed out and players know where to find each other, Lohrei should be the PP1 QB. I know the PP was horrid tonight, but the kid has the stuff. Jones looks ok for his first game. E. Lindholm needs more reps, but he looks like a top 6 C for this team. This is all based on glimpses. It was a terrible game to watch.

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Not too many positives, but I will try. Once things are ironed out and players know where to find each other, Lohrei should be the PP1 QB. I know the PP was horrid tonight, but the kid has the stuff. Jones looks ok for his first game. E. Lindholm needs more reps, but he looks like a top 6 C for this team. This is all based on glimpses. It was a terrible game to watch.
agree 100%. Only players to be on the positive side were, Lorei, Brown, Freddy, and TJ, and not by much! Looked like a NHL team playing a junior team. Bruins gave up a 2 on one every PP and barely broke double digits in shots. Hung KorpI out to dry all night. D looked brutal.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well nothing in that game inspired confidence for the up coming season but it is just preseason and I guess we can assume a veteran team just can't be bothered and doesn't get motivated. With Poitras out Lysell got another chance to show what he can do and that appears to be - not much.

Byfield looks ready to break out. Maybe LA's a goaltender away :)

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Not a good effort by the team tonight, they barely showed up. I know it's a preseason game, but show some respect to Bergy and bring the effort, show some pride!.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
All kidding aside about Korpi, preseason means absolutely nothing good or bad. No injuries.

Agree. Want him to succeed either way, regardless of the Swayman situation. Half those goals were empty net poorly defended 2-1's, was hoping for a better game from the team for Korpi's sake

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
agree 100%. Only players to be on the positive side were, Lorei, Brown, Freddy, and TJ, and not by much! Looked like a NHL team playing a junior team. Bruins gave up a 2 on one every PP and barely broke double digits in shots. Hung KorpI out to dry all night. D looked brutal.

Didn't see the game.

So who was playing on the power play?

Who screwed up to cause the 2 on 1's?

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Agree. Want him to succeed either way, regardless of the Swayman situation. Half those goals were empty net poorly defended 2-1's, was hoping for a better game from the team for Korpi's sake
Absolutely. Fan first and foremost, critic second. They did have five starting D which maybe is a worry, but I don't really think about any of it.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Well nothing in that game inspired confidence for the up coming season but it is just preseason and I guess we can assume a veteran team just can't be bothered and doesn't get motivated. With Poitras out Lysell got another chance to show what he can do and that appears to be - not much.

Byfield looks ready to break out. Maybe LA's a goaltender away :)
I have him in both my fantasy leagues :)

What a bad game from the Bruins though. Wow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad