Post-Game Talk: PS2 - Washington ( Hershey ) 2 @ BRUINS ( Providence ) 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Did not know Oesterlee was a vet.

Watching him tonight, I thought he was a young guy playing a little over his head at times.

Guy has 371 NHL games under his belt.

Whoops

Reactions: DKH

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Good to see Radim Ostrcil finally make it from the 2007 entry draft. . . Hahah

All in all decent for a pre season game where guys are thrown together, you could see the rust in the 6th and 7th liners of this year.

Korpi played well on the few shots he faced.

Good to see Lysell and Merkulov out there....

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Nice to see you. Chet showed up and sat next to us.
I know i saw that - we got in late

Trouble with WiFi bringing up tickets

I recognized him sitting next to Wendy ~ who was in his seats ?

You see us- we had easily 8 kids around us - climbing on us at times - we both have kids and are unplugged but it was like day care lol

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Awesome game from Merkulov, crafty, skilled and smart. Awesome pass on the Brazeau goal showing the creativity/dynamic type skills he possesses. I’m ready for him to get a long look in the NHL this year, he has been consistently doing that in the AHL. I also focused in on him in the d-zone and he actually has a real solid two way game, good defensive habits and his hands actually cause turnovers when he is defending. Picking peoples pockets/great stick in passing lanes.

Really happy for Lysell with the game he had, I think he needed that for his own confidence. This was a good preview of what he can bring when he is on his game. Speed, skill, he was more engaged battling tonight. He ate a few solid hits from Tom Wilson and seemed more determined to create plays. I’m really rooting for both him and Merkulov to really stick with Boston this year!

Poitras looked awesome/dangerous every time he was even near the puck. He also looked a lot stronger, stronger in board battles and took checks well. Really excited about what these young offensively gifted forwards and bring to Boston.

I’m not a big Patrick Brown fan at all but he had a really really great game tonight, solid goal and really that entire 4th line was solid. Abate/mclaughlin were also buzzing and causing havoc/really good cycles. If those guys could finish a little better, they probably could have each had a goal tonight. Great effort by that 4th line.

Other forwards who I focused on was Nelson, solid overall game, skates well for his size and good positioning/compete and board work. Nelson has a few good plays on the pk too. Wonder what he will be after a full year in providence. Intriguing size and skill set.

Good on tufte for the goal and solid effort, wish he used his size more/had more of a mean streak. He was around the play all night.

Great goal by Brazeau, sometimes I’m unsure of his overall play/skating but he consistently is there, right place right time and scoring/competing hard. I’m rooting for him to build on his last season.

Johnston looked alright. Frederic was alright, Harrison I don’t know what to make of, needs more time in providence for sure but I can’t seem to really figure him out. Not sure he does anything really well or hasn’t shown much. Maybe it’s a confidence thing, I know his shot/offensive instincts are decent so maybe just needs more seasoning.

D overall seemed pretty solid. Sweezey has played solid, hits, took some big hits. Seems to make the smart easy plays most of the time. Oesterle I noticed jumping up in plays quite a bit, showing some offense, don’t know much about him. Solid effort from Callahan.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I couldn't watch tonight so I appreciate all your comments on the players and the game.

Anybody know if there is a place to watch a replay?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Awesome game from Merkulov, crafty, skilled and smart. Awesome pass on the Brazeau goal showing the creativity/dynamic type skills he possesses. I’m ready for him to get a long look in the NHL this year, he has been consistently doing that in the AHL. I also focused in on him in the d-zone and he actually has a real solid two way game, good defensive habits and his hands actually cause turnovers when he is defending. Picking peoples pockets/great stick in passing lanes.

Really happy for Lysell with the game he had, I think he needed that for his own confidence. This was a good preview of what he can bring when he is on his game. Speed, skill, he was more engaged battling tonight. He ate a few solid hits from Tom Wilson and seemed more determined to create plays. I’m really rooting for both him and Merkulov to really stick with Boston this year!

Poitras looked awesome/dangerous every time he was even near the puck. He also looked a lot stronger, stronger in board battles and took checks well. Really excited about what these young offensively gifted forwards and bring to Boston.

I’m not a big Patrick Brown fan at all but he had a really really great game tonight, solid goal and really that entire 4th line was solid. Abate/mclaughlin were also buzzing and causing havoc/really good cycles. If those guys could finish a little better, they probably could have each had a goal tonight. Great effort by that 4th line.

Other forwards who I focused on was Nelson, solid overall game, skates well for his size and good positioning/compete and board work. Nelson has a few good plays on the pk too. Wonder what he will be after a full year in providence. Intriguing size and skill set.

Good on tufte for the goal and solid effort, wish he used his size more/had more of a mean streak. He was around the play all night.

Great goal by Brazeau, sometimes I’m unsure of his overall play/skating but he consistently is there, right place right time and scoring/competing hard. I’m rooting for him to build on his last season.

Johnston looked alright. Frederic was alright, Harrison I don’t know what to make of, needs more time in providence for sure but I can’t seem to really figure him out. Not sure he does anything really well or hasn’t shown much. Maybe it’s a confidence thing, I know his shot/offensive instincts are decent so maybe just needs more seasoning.

D overall seemed pretty solid. Sweezey has played solid, hits, took some big hits. Seems to make the smart easy plays most of the time. Oesterle I noticed jumping up in plays quite a bit, showing some offense, don’t know much about him. Solid effort from Callahan.

Everyone should like your posts simply for your wonderful profile pic
:D

Reactions: jimmccabe40

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I think you really nailed Poitras ~ very impressed with him

Excellent review

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I thought Poitras was excellent. The puck seemed to find him every time he was on the ice. Battle level was good. Still very quick, even with the added "size". Looked like the most polished offensive player on the ice IMO. Similar to the way Chytil looked in pre-season game 1 for the Rangers. Just need to surround him with talent.

Lysell was probably the most active forward though. Complete 180 from last game. Took it into his own hands many times. Didn't defer as much. Like that approach for him.

Brown scored. Good game for him.... again. Just not sure he moves the needle any. Same as McLaughlin.... Another hard working college guy. No skill. No mean streak. Mediocre in every way. Seem to be collecting this type..... Flighting for a bottom-6 spot, you have to bring something unique. Tufte scored as well. Similar category IMO.

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I like all the reviews. I think we're remiss for not mentioning Tyler Johnson though. He did a lot of those subtle, smart veteran things that facilitated offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad