Post-Game Talk: PS2 - Washington ( Hershey ) 2 @ BRUINS ( Providence ) 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
They will need to clear the air just as MoJo and Marchand did when the former signed here. The ice is a battleground and while Tkachuk definitely crossed a line there, most things can be sorted out pretty quickly once guys chat face-to-face. Most on-ice nonsense is water under the bridge.

He is the type of guy that even if he apologized I wouldn’t buy it

If I’m Nosek I’m hitting him a little extra hard in practice for awhile

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know i saw that - we got in late

Trouble with WiFi bringing up tickets

I recognized him sitting next to Wendy ~ who was in his seats ?

You see us- we had easily 8 kids around us - climbing on us at times - we both have kids and are unplugged but it was like day care lol
His daughter and her boyfriend.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Young guys were much better especially Lysell and Merk. Lysell made a better case to stick around longer and should see some time against a more full NHL lineup. I still don’t know if he has enough to take the second line winger position, but depending on the makeup Monty wants for a third line he might at a little offensive punch to it.

Potsy is still to me the guy that will end up with the second line wing position. He just has it. His IQ allows him to be around the puck a lot and he makes good decisions. Still needs to get stronger but IS already stronger from last year. So he is headed in the right direction. I am betting he ends up at least a 50-60 point guy this year.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Poitras was excellent. The puck seemed to find him every time he was on the ice. Battle level was good. Still very quick, even with the added "size". Looked like the most polished offensive player on the ice IMO. Similar to the way Chytil looked in pre-season game 1 for the Rangers. Just need to surround him with talent.

Lysell was probably the most active forward though. Complete 180 from last game. Took it into his own hands many times. Didn't defer as much. Like that approach for him.

Brown scored. Good game for him.... again. Just not sure he moves the needle any. Same as McLaughlin.... Another hard working college guy. No skill. No mean streak. Mediocre in every way. Seem to be collecting this type..... Flighting for a bottom-6 spot, you have to bring something unique. Tufte scored as well. Similar category IMO.
So this is it

The puck finds Poitras and even Merk if you watch him in Providence.

Poitras looks different and watching him Saturday in the Black & Gold game in Providence and last night he’s someone I’m very excited about- he’s got the vibe. I didn’t like it when he and Lohri were picked may be time to make hockey my 4th sport

Merkulov I think is legit - needs opportunity not sure how it happens but I’m a believer

Lysell would benefit from playing with Marchand and Coyle for some games

Marchand is 36 and Frederic a UFA so it behooves Monty & company especially if Monty is extended to keep Merk & Lysell engaged and positive and progressing in their games

Tyler Johnson one way or the other is here for a short time Merk & Lysell should be for a lot longer

I hope they find room for Merkulov

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Fabian Lysell has a sniper’s reputation and Bruins fans saw it first-hand Tuesday night in the 4-2 win over the Capitals.

Lysell, Boston’s first-round pick in 2021, shook off a shaky effort Sunday night against the Rangers with a sterling showing.

The winger’s power-play snipe from the dot in the second period was the signature moment of the game as he continued his push to stay with the varsity.

“We were really happy with his growth from Game 1 to Game 2 and how determined he was on pucks, how determined he was in trying to get shots on net, making plays offensively and tracking back defensively,” said coach Jim Montgomery. “Good game for him.”

Riley Tufte, Patrick Brown, and Justin Brazeau also collected goals for Boston, which dominated Washington from start to finish.

Joonas Korpisalo, who stands to be Boston’s No. 1 netminder heading into the season barring a change in Jeremy Swayman’s contract status, stopped all seven shots he faced in a 1½ periods. Michael DiPietro, who took over, surrendered goals to Connor McMichael and Andrew Cristall.

“Didn’t have much to do there, but every shot I got, I felt pretty comfortable,” said Korpisalo. “The guys did a great job in front of me. Let me see the pucks, no second chances. So, I felt pretty good.”

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Merk needs to learn the passing and shooting lanes close earlier in the NHL. Otherwise, you can see the high IQ.
As far as Lysell, confidence is a funny playmate. We saw him gaining it last night. He needs to play with better players and against better players, to cement that ide that he can do it. The physical skills are certainly there.

Reactions: KWbruin and DKH

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
So this is it

The puck finds Poitras and even Merk if you watch him in Providence.

Poitras looks different and watching him Saturday in the Black & Gold game in Providence and last night he’s someone I’m very excited about- he’s got the vibe. I didn’t like it when he and Lohri were picked may be time to make hockey my 4th sport

Merkulov I think is legit - needs opportunity not sure how it happens but I’m a believer

Lysell would benefit from playing with Marchand and Coyle for some games

Marchand is 36 and Frederic a UFA so it behooves Monty & company especially if Monty is extended to keep Merk & Lysell engaged and positive and progressing in their games

Tyler Johnson one way or the other is here for a short time Merk & Lysell should be for a lot longer

I hope they find room for Merkulov
Merkulov surprised me with his push back and aggressiveness, I will say I can't see a spot with this current roster.

Hopefully they can convince him to be patient before he asks out.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
I wouldn't call half of a pre-season game a "test" necessarily but let's just say Goalie Bob's newest pupil easily passed the first "pop quiz". Any landlord in Providence who thinks Poitras is a potential tenant is going to have an empty apartment. After last night Lysell may not be an option for them either. I like Jaxon Nelson so far, give him the apartment with a one year lease. Every time I see Riley Tufte with No. 10 and that reach I think I'm watching Junior.

1727265356087.png

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Merkulov surprised me with his push back and aggressiveness, I will say I can't see a spot with this current roster.

Hopefully they can convince him to be patient before he asks out.
Should Marchand and Lindholm require some healing time we could see Potsie, Lysell, and Merks playing start of season. Love that so many players are making the decisions difficult for the bruins.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Should Marchand and Lindholm require some healing time we could see Potsie, Lysell, and Merks playing start of season. Love that so many players are making the decisions difficult for the bruins.
Didn't think about that, good point on the injury front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad