Post-Game Talk: PS2 - EAGLES 14, PATRIOTS 13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
That shouldn't be a surprise though. His scouting report is basically rocket arm but needs to develop his accuracy.
That's been the scouting report since he started at Michigan 10 years ago unfortunately

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m encouraged by the defense. Not too shabby and excellent tackling. Obviously, the quality fell off as the starters left and others were put in, but all in all, the Patriots’ defense *should* keep them in some games. As for the offense… well… I don’t think they looked as bad as Greg Bedard made them sound on the radio yesterday (or was it Tuesday? I forget). The offense doesn’t look great, but they seemed okay while Maye was in the game. Still can’t seem to get more than one TD per game, though.

Reactions: Mione134

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This can't be about Zappe...smh

Reality check for Bazooka Joe tonight though

Brissett wasn't good either. Would like to see Maye start next game and play for 3 quarters but who knows.

I’m encouraged by the defense. Not too shabby and excellent tackling. Obviously, the quality fell off as the starters left and others were put in, but all in all, the Patriots’ defense *should* keep them in some games. As for the offense… well… I don’t think they looked as bad as Greg Bedard made them sound on the radio yesterday (or was it Tuesday? I forget). The offense doesn’t look great, but they seemed okay while Maye was in the game. Still can’t seem to get more than one TD per game, though.
The joint practice was against Eagles starters though. That's the difference.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This is beyond my paygrade but you have to wonder if the Kraft Family is considering cashing out. The problem is we know Fenway Sports Group would pounce.
I never thought I’d detest an ownership more than Jeremy Jacobs/Delaware North, but John Henry/Fenway Sports Group are really trying. And everyone here knows how I feel about the Jacobs’.

I can’t believe that the Krafts would ever sell. Not in my lifetime, anyway. Especially not while Bob is still alive. He loves that team.

I think the problem is that they were able to win - a lot - by finding a once-in-a-lifetime player who gave them numerous team-friendly deals, and cobbled together a team on entry level contracts and other players who took less money to play with said gridiron messiah.

They seem to think they can do that again and that’s not how this works. That was lightning in a bottle. It’ll never happen again.

The more I see this franchise flounder, the more I realize why they won the way they did, and that is the exception, not the rule. Everyone seems to realize this but the Krafts. If and when the Mayo/Wolf tandem fails (and I really don’t want them to), they might go back to a “head of football operations” system like they had before.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I have no clue how this season will play out. They could go 6-11, they could go 0-17.

This is beyond my paygrade but you have to wonder if the Kraft Family is considering cashing out. The problem is we know Fenway Sports Group would pounce.

So I read something recently about how NFL teams are worth so much it's almost impossible to get into the club. Pricing out even the richest of the rich. Once you have a team who actually sells? Richardson and Snyder were basically forced out. I can't see Robert doing that to Jonathan. I'd be stunned if John Henry got in on an NFL team.

The Eagles starters didn’t play last night?
I thought that's what I heard but wasn't paying that much attention!

Reactions: rfournier103

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I never thought I’d detest an ownership more than Jeremy Jacobs/Delaware North, but John Henry/Fenway Sports Group are really trying. And everyone here knows how I feel about the Jacobs’.

I can’t believe that the Krafts would ever sell. Not in my lifetime, anyway. Especially not while Bob is still alive. He loves that team.

I think the problem is that they were able to win - a lot - by finding a once-in-a-lifetime player who gave them numerous team-friendly deals, and cobbled together a team on entry level contracts and other players who took less money to play with said gridiron messiah.

They seem to think they can do that again and that’s not how this works. That was lightning in a bottle. It’ll never happen again.

The more I see this franchise flounder, the more I realize why they won the way they did, and that is the exception, not the rule. Everyone seems to realize this but the Krafts. If and when the Mayo/Wolf tandem fails (and I really don’t want them to), they might go back to a “head of football operations” system like they had before.
:bow:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
How’s the franchise floundering did Bill leave with a farewell ceremony and make a speech wishing Mayo well he was fired of course the teams not in good shape and we can’t win this year. Don’t do anything stupid and give it another year.

With all the draft capital and cap space the D can easily be top 5 next year. Couple linemen and a high end wr and we’re in good shape is Maye is top 3 pick worthy.

No need to see Maye this year if we whiffed on him after Jones at a way higher slot we’re in big trouble. I’m relived McCarthy can’t play and do well in Minny to make us look bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad