Post-Game Talk: PS2 - EAGLES 14, PATRIOTS 13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The New England Patriots will look to start with a 2-0 preseason record for the first time since 20021 when they host the Philadelphia Eagles in a preseason game at Gillette Stadium. The Patriots and Eagles will meet for the 25th time in the preseason, the second-most frequent preseason contest for New England, behind the 31 meetings between the Patriots and Giants.
The Patriots and Eagles will hold one day of joint practices this week. The two teams have held joint practice sessions three times previously. The Patriots traveled to Philadelphia for joint sessions in 2021 and 2013 and hosted the Eagles for joint sessions in 2014.

The Patriots and Eagles will meet for the 25th time in the preseason and for the first time in the preseason since 2021 when the Patriots notched a 35-0 victory on Aug. 19 at Lincoln Financial Field. Overall, this week's game between the two teams will be the Patriots' eighth preseason game in Foxborough, the seventh preseason game at Gillette Stadium and the first since the 2021 season.

The Patriots and Eagles last met in the regular season in 2023 when the Eagles came out ahead, 25-20, at Gillette Stadium on Sept. 10, 2023.

While the teams have played just 14 times in the regular season, they have played 23 times in the preseason with the Patriots claiming a 13-10 edge in the series.

Philadelphia leads the all-time regular-season series with a 8-6 margin.

TELEVISION: This week's game will be broadcast by the Patriots Preseason Television Network and can be seen in every New England state, as well as Alaska. The preseason network's flagship station is WBZ-TV CBS in Boston. Devin and Jason McCourty will headline a new broadcast booth for both of the locally produced Patriots preseason games, joining veteran color analyst and former Patriots quarterback Scott Zolak. It will be the first time three former Patriots players will be responsible for calling Patriots games, providing distinct discussion, insight and analysis.

In addition, former Patriots quarterback Brian Hoyer will join Patriots senior editor Paul Perillo in the Bobs Discount Furniture Studios to provide further in-game analysis. WBZ sports director Steve Burton will continue to provide sideline analysis, which will include interviews with Patriots players during the game for the first time in franchise history.

LOCAL RADIO: 98.5 The Sports Hub is the flagship station for the Patriots Radio Network. A complete listing of the network's 33 stations can be found here. Play-by-play broadcaster Bob Socci will call the action along with NBC Sports Boston's Phil Perry, who will provide color analysis. The games are produced by Marc Cappello.

PATRIOTS PRESEASON TELEVISION NETWORK​

Massachusetts
  • Boston, Mass. WBZ-TV Ch. 4
  • Springfield, Mass. WWLP-TV Ch. 22
Connecticut
  • Hartford, Conn. WCTX/WTNH-TV Ch. 8
Maine
  • Portland, Maine WMTW-TV Ch. 8
  • Bangor, Maine WVII-TV Ch. 7

New Hampshire
  • Manchester, N.H. WMUR-TV Ch. 9
Rhode Island
  • Providence, R.I. WNAC-TV Ch. 64
Vermont
  • Burlington, Vt. WCAX-TV Ch. 3
Alaska
  • Anchorage, Alaska KYUR-TV Ch. 13
  • Fairbanks, Alaska KATN-TV Ch. 2
  • Juneau, Alaska KJUD-TV Ch. 8

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Nice throw by Maye. Baker couldn't quite get it. But nice throw.

Also, Slye is definitely our kicker this year. Right?

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
My God the announcing on this game is atrocious.......Who are these clowns?

Let's micro-analyze every single move Drake Maye makes, why don't we?

"Hey Mike, I really liked Maye's arm slot while he scratched his ass after that last play..."

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
My God the announcing on this game is atrocious.......Who are these clowns?

Let's micro-analyze every single move Drake Maye makes, why don't we?

"Hey Mike, I really liked Maye's arm slot while he scratched his ass after that last play..."
I think the McCourteys are great. Zo stinks but hes fine as a radio host.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
LOL. Guy has played 1 quarter of pre season football and the HT analysts are already starting the "how long can you keep Maye on the bench before he has to start" conversation.....

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad