Post-Game Talk: PS2 - Washington ( Hershey ) 2 @ BRUINS ( Providence ) 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Poitras looked like Poitras. He's been one of the best players on the ice. Korpi had a good 1st period. Hope that helps build his confidence back up as he heads into the season. Lysell looked more engaged in that period. Can he keep it up for a full 60 minutes?

I'd be interested to see Poitras with Lysell. The skill between them could be fun to watch

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Meh I think he looks so much better as a natural center. He relishes having the puck on his stick. He's like Krejci in that way.

He had one play in the defensive zone where he took the draw and made a great stick lift and exit look easy. I felt like it got him going after.

Someone said a Krejci and Marchand hybrid and it's honestly something I 100% see as well, which was kind of weird.

I think stapling him next to Freddy is going to give him some confidence as well

I agree, I think Pots is a natural center as well. But need to look at the roster as a whole. 2RW and 3C are open. Is Poitras going to offer more skating with top 6 players like Marchand, even if he is on the wing and a little bit out of his comfort zone, or centering the likes of Freddy and Geekie on the 3rd line where he's probably going to have to spend more time playing defense? And if he doesn't play 2RW, then who does? No other obvious answer to that yet.

We've seen other Cs start on the wing - Bergeron obviously - so it can be done. Just depends whether it's the right call.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I agree, I think Pots is a natural center as well. But need to look at the roster as a whole. 2RW and 3C are open. Is Poitras going to offer more skating with top 6 players like Marchand, even if he is on the wing and a little bit out of his comfort zone, or centering the likes of Freddy and Geekie on the 3rd line where he's probably going to have to spend more time playing defense? And if he doesn't play 2RW, then who does? No other obvious answer to that yet.

We've seen other Cs start on the wing - Bergeron obviously - so it can be done. Just depends whether it's the right call.
I really like Poitras there for now anyway. He can have a good productive year and take the occasional faceoff etc. If a top center goes down he'll be right back there... They've loaded up on a few Centers but need that 2 RW so he's okay there for the time being.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Attachments

• IMG_1218.jpeg
    IMG_1218.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events