Post-Game Talk: PS1 - Hartford 3 Providence 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Got to go to the game today. My daughter’s first (of many) Bruins game. We even made it on NESN. My friend sent a pic of us.

I instantly became a Kuntar fan tonight. I don’t remember seeing him much if all in the third. Did something happen to him?

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Little too early to make judgements on final roster combos. Who knows, could be Georgie or Coyle.
It is but I don’t know , it’s easy to dismiss the first preseason game as meaningless but wasn’t it important for someone like Lysell to impress and he didn’t . I only watched bits and pieces of the game so I’m just going by what people are saying here but if someone like Johnson plays well in his first game doesn’t that at least temporarily give him the edge ?

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Best player on the ice Chytil, unfortunately he plays for the other team. B's I liked - Lohrei, Kuntar, Kastelic...B's I didn't like - Lysell, Brown, Tufte (former first round pick, huge frame, seems lost). There were others with moments but nothing that stood out to me one way or the other. Did love Wotherspoon beating the crap out of that cheap hit guy on the Rangers.

Agree on Chytil. He was clearly thinking the game on a higher level than everyone else on the ice.

I thought Brown was very good. Brick hands and brick head, but he works his butt off.... and that generated a bunch of chances IMO. That said, we know this isn't an NHL player. I assume he'll be kept around until final cuts.

Only my first time watching Tufte in black and gold, but my initial impression is that he's another player with unfunctional size. I'm even tempted to put Beecher in that same category. Like, I'm not sure a whole lot changes for them if they stood at 6'0 190lbs.... aside from draft position. Not even speaking about physicality. Just they way they use/don't use there size. Compare that to the likes of Lohrei or Brazeau for example. It's like night and day.

Was nice to see Kastelic getting his nose dirty at every opportunity.

Yeah, that was a pretty lame performance for Lysell. Highlight for him was probably the back check with the net empty. I think both he and Merkulov need as many looks as possible this pre-season.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
One preseason don't mean anything but if that is the best Lysell has to offer he isn't even close to making the final roster. Merkulov was slightly better but he isn't making it either.

Lohrei looks even better than last year and I loved how Wotherspoon took care of the guy that hit him. The D is set. (Wotherspoon is 7 if all healthy)

Really wish Kuntar was a little more talented because he's a sparkplug but I just don't think he has enough talent to be part of the equation. Will be good in Providence though.

Tufte had a few moments. There aren't enough spots in the bottom 6 so idk what happens with him but he's not useless.

Goalies were average, not bad not good.

Kastelic, as I said when we got him, will be a fan favorite all year.

Feel for Patrick Brown. He's trying hard, but we all know he's waiver bound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad