Post-Game Talk: PS1 - Hartford 3 Providence 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Give Lysell one more chance with Coyle and Marchand. Not convinced it will help, but at least you gave him that chance. If he looks anything like tonight, he's got to go back to Providence immediately

Not a bad showing but expected, the offensive was going to be all grind tonight, and that only works if your goalies are solid, and they were just ok at best.

Liked Duran, the K guy (i am not attempting to spell his name), Kuntar had a few good shifts, as did Keopka (i least i tried here).

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Wanted more from Beecher.

Loved Kuntar’s game. Immediately on everything and everyone. Good Blidh replacement, more skilled but not as good of a hitter as Blidh.

Awesome job by Wotherspoon with the fight, love it.

Really like the bruins physical play, Kastelic was a pleasant surprise. He continually mucked it up/caused turnovers and havoc, not bad for a 4th line/extra guy. I like him over the lettieri/brown type.

Impressed by Jaxon Nelson, thought he had a few good plays/moments. Great size and seems to skate well for it, has some hands.

Good solid vet game by Peeke and Osterle

Duran good motor and seemed engaged.

Wanted more engagement/energy/push from Farinacci

Really liked Merkulov’s game, he has some sneaky skill, very crafty. He had a few good forced turnovers/picking players pockets and quickly moving the puck down the ice. I thought he looked creative in some of the cycles to keep the puck possession and keeping the play alive.

I do think he needs to get stronger/more assertive. I like his skillset and even in the d-zone he competes and forces turnovers. Just want him to be a little stronger, wish he had Kuntars motor with his skillset.

Lysell- I’m rooting for, I like his skill and creativity but he is too easily shut down at this level. He couldn’t seem to really get anything going and seemed easily neutralized. Hope he kicks into another gear in terms of compete level, again give him Kuntars/blidh motor and he’d be special! Not a great game for him, a positive….strong back check during the godawful empty net sequences.

All taken with a grain of salt as it was just the first preseason game.

Last edited:

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
Best player on the ice Chytil, unfortunately he plays for the other team. B's I liked - Lohrei, Kuntar, Kastelic...B's I didn't like - Lysell, Brown, Tufte (former first round pick, huge frame, seems lost). There were others with moments but nothing that stood out to me one way or the other. Did love Wotherspoon beating the crap out of that cheap hit guy on the Rangers.

Reactions: Gordoff

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Lysell was like Deja vu of last years TCs Lysell to me.

Not aggressive at all, weak on his stick and trying to shoot through sticks. Attempting to do it all himself and often the play ends with him.

Throw him in with some nhl talent and see if there’s anything but man I don’t think it’s gonna matter. Sorry I realize this is harsh and it’s game 1 of preseason but it’s more of the same with this guy.

Did anyone tell him there’s a spot open in the top 6/9 this year? Sheesh.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Few guys had a decent games, but no one really wow'd me. First pre-season game and guys are out there with a mix of linemates, so I'm not overly surprised.

Would have liked to see Lysell be more noticeable, just given the spot he’s in.

Fair point though, it being game 1 and a lot of guys seemed a little rusty.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in.

I really liked #45 KOEPKE.

Parker Wotherspoon worked hard tonight.

#10 is a big kid Tuftle (6'6")

I am ready to see the real team now.

It was fun to see a couple of the guys who work for the Bs and get caught up on what they were doing. The two seats (on the glass) in front of us were empty until the start of the third when the guy who has had the seats for many years showed up. We hadn't seen him for a few years. Good guy!

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Just got home ~ fun to go. Lot of mucking and second period played very well

I’ve watched Lysell twice in last 28 hours live

Very impressed with his size- looks filled out. Skating exceptional- speed high end. Game was grinding and didn’t go well but like his decisions.

Lohrei & Peeke were very good

Lohrei could be a star

Peeke a nice pick up liked him coming out thought Bruins could grab him later in draft but went early second

Kuntar adds some offense to his game he could slip into an eventual third round role

Farinacci very quick, Duran strong on wall and good skater

Kastelic going to be a good honest hard nosed - liked his dad seems to have that toughness

Just in.

It was fun to see a couple of the guys who work for the Bs and get caught up on what they were doing. The two seats (on the glass) in front of us were empty until the start of the third when the guy who has had the seats for many years showed up. We hadn't seen him for a few years. Good guy!
Koepke was maybe best forward- had a very good year for Syracuse and got some time with Tampa

I liked this add by Sweens this summer

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Just in.

Where was he first two periods and better yet last 10 years lol ~ yes he’s a good guy

Bruins assistant coaches got some star power - Kelly, Sacco, and Jay Leach back is great

Whether it’s Leach or what, the Columbus Peeke who runs around like a chicken with his head cut off, was under control and dominating his area of the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad