GDT: PS #4 | "The Tussle of Alberta" | Oilers vs. Flames | 9.20.19 | 7:00PM | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I'm talking about this one thing. I know I wanted Nurse signed after his ****ty 2nd year at that number, I know barely anyone wanted to offer that so early. It's not about bragging that I'm smarter than everyone else. It's just stating facts.
Okay, nice.

So what exactly is your point? The Oilers should have signed Nurse to an 8 yr deal after a poor year, at a cap hit you have in your head?

Reactions: smokersarejokers

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You seem pretty arrogant for someone who has no clue whether or not nurse would of signed it.

Your argument boils down to essentially we can't talk about ANYTHING cause we don't sit in on GM/Player negotiations. You take information surrounding the assertion made and you can see if it's possible or not. For example, if I said we should extend Manning 3M/8years right now you think he wouldn't take it? Or you that simple, that you can't determine if a player will take a contract or not depending on his play on the ice?

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
I'm talking about this one thing. I know I wanted Nurse signed after his ****ty 2nd year at that number, I know barely anyone wanted to offer that so early. It's not about bragging that I'm smarter than everyone else. It's just stating facts.

"facts" lol you know nothing

Why the hell would Nurse sign a long term contract at 4M after he had a "shitty 2nd year" like you said instead of a two year "prove yourself" deal at 3.2M which we actually do know he was offered. Dude, just stop.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Your argument boils down to essentially we can't talk about ANYTHING cause we don't sit in on GM/Player negotiations. You take information surrounding the assertion made and you can see if it's possible or not. For example, if I said we should extend Manning 3M/8years right now you think he wouldn't take it? Or you that simple, that you can't determine if a player will take a contract or not depending on his play on the ice?
And your argument boils down to stuff you have no clue about, and mine does a bit aswell.

You don’t know if he would of signed it, I don’t know if he wouldn’t of.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Okay, nice.

So what exactly is your point? The Oilers should have signed Nurse to an 8 yr deal after a poor year, at a cap hit you have in your head?

My point is that GOOD teams and GOOD GMs make calls exactly like this to build a GOOD team. Signing Nurse to a 4M/year x 8 after year 2 of his career would have looked like a gross overpayment at the time. Just like signing Drai 8.5Mx8 looked like an overpay at the time. But if you know what you have in a player you make that call and it pays dividends in the future.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
My point is that GOOD teams and GOOD GMs make calls exactly like this to build a GOOD team. Signing Nurse to a 4M/year x 8 after year 2 of his career would have looked like a gross overpayment at the time. Just like signing Drai 8.5Mx8 looked like an overpay at the time. But if you know what you have in a player you make that call and it pays dividends in the future.
Thanks for the insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3