Prudential center

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
I'm taking the train from ronkonkama....the prudential center train station is newark penn station correct?

Correct. Just hop any Northeast Corridor or North Jersey Coast Line train out of New York Penn Station, which is 1 block away from the arena. DO NOT take a Morris & Essex Line (Midtown Direct) trains as those stop at Newark Broad Street Station on the other side of downtown, a healthy 20 minute walk away.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Correct. Just hop any Northeast Corridor or North Jersey Coast Line train out of New York Penn Station, which is 1 block away from the arena. DO NOT take a Morris & Essex Line (Midtown Direct) trains as those stop at Newark Broad Street Station on the other side of downtown, a healthy 20 minute walk away.

And when you get to Newark Penn, go to the main concourse and look for the escalaters to the Gateway Plaza, near the McDonalds.

You can walk the entire length of the enclosed Gateway which crosses over Route 21and lets you off about a block away from The Rock on Mulberry Street.

If anyone's driving, no reason to pay $30 in the lots next to The Rock.
Drive to one of the lots on Mulberry St, near Cottage/Elm which are around $15.

I have either parked there or for free on side roads off Mulberry since 2007 with not one issue. But, like in any city, it's probably a good idea to pay a few bucks in a lot.
And park on the side of Broad St near The Rock, not on the other side which is usually fine but is a little dicey at times.

For the drinkers, there are 4 bars right next to The Rock's box office on Edison Place.
Dinosaur BBQ, Edison Ale House, Loft 47 and Brick City Bar & Grill.

Start a Rangers suck chant and you're bound to get free drinks.:nod:

Last edited:

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
Devils fan here coming in peace. The 200s, while steep, are quite close to the ice and still provide adequate views in my opinion, certainly better than the 300s at the Coliseum in my opinion (and that annoying obstructed view). The 100s are worth the extra cost if they are center ice. You are really close because of the way the Rock is constructed and it creates a more electric atmosphere. The end-side 100s have a worse view for watching the game than the 200s.

As far as parking goes, it exists in decent quantities at private lots right across the street from the arena, but usually costs $20 a game. The team-owned garage is generally only for season-ticket holders. I suggest unless traveling in a large group to take NJ Transit or PATH. NJ Transit is easy if you are transferring from the LIRR (same station). PATH is dirt-cheap and a great option if coming from the city. Both stop at Newark Penn Station about 3 blocks from the arena. Taking public transportation allows you to get hammered safely before/at/after the game as well if that is your thing...

I had a great time on Jan. 19th at the Coliseum for the opener. You Islanders fans are a cheery and knowledgeable bunch. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Rock on Thursday!

While I like the Rock, the 200's do not provide a better view than the 300's at NVMC.

NVMC has some of , if not the best sight lines in the NHL. Even when NYI move to BK, the 200's are steep there but will be a better view than the Rock .

I have been to the Rock over 10x so far. I have sat in alot of sections, 100's,200's, gold bar, down low in the arena.

Good luck tonight.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
While I like the Rock, the 200's do not provide a better view than the 300's at NVMC.

NVMC has some of , if not the best sight lines in the NHL. Even when NYI move to BK, the 200's are steep there but will be a better view than the Rock .

I have been to the Rock over 10x so far. I have sat in alot of sections, 100's,200's, gold bar, down low in the arena.

Good luck tonight.

I think it depends where in the 300's at the NVMC.
I have had obstructed view seats there behind the goals in the 300 level and had to move.
NVMC is a much smaller arena so you are going to be closer at it's top seats.

I have not yet found an obstructed view in the 200's at The Rock.
The high view is not for everyone, but fans that like to see the entire ice and see plays develop do enjoy it.

I had season tickets in the 200 level for a few seasons and loved it.
Moved to the 100 level because it was actually less $$ and I found it easier to re-sell my tix on games I could not attend.

My favorite seats at the NVMC are in the 200 level between the blue lines.
At The Rock I would say the first few rows at center ice mezzanine (100 level) give the best pure view along with the center ice Club seats towards the top of the sections.

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
I think it depends where in the 300's at the NVMC.
I have had obstructed view seats there behind the goals in the 300 level and had to move.
NVMC is a much smaller arena so you are going to be closer at it's top seats.

I have not yet found an obstructed view in the 200's at The Rock.
The high view is not for everyone, but fans that like to see the entire ice and see plays develop do enjoy it.

I had season tickets in the 200 level for a few seasons and loved it.
Moved to the 100 level because it was actually less $$ and I found it easier to re-sell my tix on games I could not attend.

My favorite seats at the NVMC are in the 200 level between the blue lines.
At The Rock I would say the first few rows at center ice mezzanine (100 level) give the best pure view along with the center ice Club seats towards the top of the sections.
The last 5 rows (O and higher) of the 300s at the NVMC are utter crap. All other seats in the 300s are bar none, the best upper bowl seats in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad