Post-Game Talk: PROSPECTS - - Penguins 6 BRUINS 3 ( from Buffalo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Prospects or not, typical Bruins-Penguins game.

1726245381683.png

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
They moved the puck out of their own zone near the RW boards very smartly on the PK a moment ago.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
All B's offense seems to be off the rush and Pitts adjusted to that.
All Pens in the second.

3-4 Pitt

Carbon copy of the last goal
Pens 5-3 now.
We need some lads in front of our goaltender willing to stop people. Pens just stepping in without much objection.

Reactions: BMC

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
5th Pitts goal scored within 5 feet of the net.

Goalie might be wearing blinders.

Also, Loke was Lokeing for an interference call that shift, elbowing anyone coming across the slot.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
My thoughts on the first (summer exhibition) game:

-- Harrison, Farinacci, and Duran (in that order) were by far the best players for Boston. That is to be expected given their age/experience but good to see them start off strong.
-- Kuntar was surprisingly quiet.
-- Rough debut for Loke Johansson. He was at least partially (if not directly) responsible for 3 goals against.
-- Brunet tried to do a bit too much with the puck (namely on the PP) at times.
-- I thought Bavaro played pretty well overall.
-- In terms of the invites, I thought Vierling and Hvidston made some decent plays (but nothing all that eye-opening).
-- Conversely, Sloan and Cibulka had some brutal plays that led to goals against.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
All B's offense seems to be off the rush and Pitts adjusted to that.
All Pens in the second.

3-4 Pitt

Carbon copy of the last goal
Pens 5-3 now.
We need some lads in front of our goaltender willing to stop people. Pens just stepping in without much objection.

The Bruins have been allergic to keeping the crease clear for a long time now. It's a wonder Ullmark & Swayman put up the numbers they did. Of the big team's defensemen right now only Andrew Peeke is willing to do the dirty work.

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
My brief summary, the Pens looked like the more "polished" team (especially from the second period on). They had strong breakouts from their own end and that led to decent passing through the neutral zone and also created many more scoring chances in the offensive zone. The B's looked like they never skated together (which may or may not be the case for some of the combinations) and their breakouts were more like panic clears out of the defensive zone, chips/dumps in the neutral zone, and then just puck chasing in the offensive zone (I actually thought this got worse as the game went on). It's early, they're young and I'd be shocked if anyone on the ice today for the B's made a real challenge for a roster spot. That's not to say there weren't a couple of noticeable players out there for them, just to temper expectations for anyone thinking there's a breakout player on the roster. With more development, a few will have the chance to stick in the future (Harrison, Farinacci, Duran as noted earlier by BronxBruin).

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
My brief summary, the Pens looked like the more "polished" team (especially from the second period on). They had strong breakouts from their own end and that led to decent passing through the neutral zone and also created many more scoring chances in the offensive zone. The B's looked like they never skated together (which may or may not be the case for some of the combinations) and their breakouts were more like panic clears out of the defensive zone, chips/dumps in the neutral zone, and then just puck chasing in the offensive zone (I actually thought this got worse as the game went on). It's early, they're young and I'd be shocked if anyone on the ice today for the B's made a real challenge for a roster spot. That's not to say there weren't a couple of noticeable players out there for them, just to temper expectations for anyone thinking there's a breakout player on the roster. With more development, a few will have the chance to stick in the future (Harrison, Farinacci, Duran as noted earlier by BronxBruin).
I don’t think they sending anyone to this tournament that have a chance of playing for the big boys this season.

Reactions: Fenian24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad