Prospect Starting 6's

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If we’re really strongly adhering to positions, then the Sharks won’t look as good as our prospect pool is because C (Celebrini, Smith, Bystedt, Edstrom), LD (Dickinson, Mukhamadullin, Cagnoni), and LW (Eklund, Musty, Chernyshov) are stacked and we’ve got almost nothing on the RW (Halttunen), RD (some depth guys), and in goal. I could probably make it look better by listing Smith at RW but I think he’s a true C.

Musty-Celebrini-Halttunen
Dickinson-Thompson(?)
Chrona

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Rangers

Othmann - McConnell-Barker - Gabe Perreault
Fortescue - Emery
Garand

Went based on EP positioning. Rangers have some good prospects on the wings, but we’re starting to lack almost everywhere else. A lot of grads in the last few years and some picks not panning out.

Roobroeck had a good year, but McConnell-Barker is still ahead, and Mancini is more ready than Emery, but Emery has more long-term upside.

I’d actually forgotten about Fortescue but overall this looks pretty accurate.

Dark horses/next men up are Boilard at C, Berard & Sykora at W

Reactions: Charlie Conway

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Blues:

Z. Bolduc-D. Dvorsky-J. Snuggerud
T. Lindstein-A. Jiricek
V. Zherenko

Going to say Joel Hofer isn’t a prospect anymore but Zherenko’s a good goalie in his own right.

Only position I debated was LW as Otto Stenberg could absolutely end up better than Bolduc, but they’re close.
Our pool might actually be underrated.

If we were to do a sleeper 6:
Pekarcik- Jecho-Susuyev
Koromyslov/Buchinger- L. Fischer
Cranley

Not too shabby

Reactions: Chainshot

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
:pens

Howe-Yager-Koivunen
Pickering-Brunicke
Blomqvist

Likely no 1st liners, top pairing guys, or #1 goalie, but a decent variety of player types.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Bains - Raty - Lekkerimaki
Pettersson - Willander
Silovs

LW and C are somewhat meh, but RW/ RD/ G should be pretty good.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Cowan - Minten - Grebyonkin
Danford - Niemela
Hildeby

Extras: Akhtyamov (G), Tverberg (RW), Quillian (C)

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Augustine > Cossa
I have belief that this may be the case too. For me they're essentially a toss up as a Wings fan. The organization seems to have loved what Cossa showed for GR especially as 2024 kicked around and grabbed the starters share by the horns. Cossa's starting to capitalize on that raw potential. Best case for him is to spend all year as the starter in GR

But Augustine has had the pedigree for years now and he more than carried that into last year. They're pleased with how important he was to helping MSU back to a NCAA powerhouse again. Not to mention back stopping the USA to the WJC gold as an 18 year old still eligible for 2025

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I have belief that this may be the case too. For me they're essentially a toss up as a Wings fan. The organization seems to have loved what Cossa showed for GR especially as 2024 kicked around and grabbed the starters share by the horns. Cossa's starting to capitalize on that raw potential. Best case for him is to spend all year as the starter in GR

But Augustine has had the pedigree for years now and he more than carried that into last year. They're pleased with how important he was to helping MSU back to a NCAA powerhouse again. Not to mention back stopping the USA to the WJC gold as an 18 year old still eligible for 2025
Trey has been an excellent goalie at every stage. Going into the draft, he possessed a level of positioning and goaltending fundamentals that’s I just don’t think Cossa possesses right now.

I always give Trey a lot of love because he is the most underrated goalie prospect right now. I had him as easily the #1 goalie his draft year.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Cossa plays in the NHL, but right now I just think Augustine is the better goalie.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Trey has been an excellent goalie at every stage. Going into the draft, he possessed a level of positioning and goaltending fundamentals that’s I just don’t think Cossa possesses right now.

I always give Trey a lot of love because he is the most underrated goalie prospect right now. I had him as easily the #1 goalie his draft year.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Cossa plays in the NHL, but right now I just think Augustine is the better goalie.
Indeed. Bit of a Lundqvist vs a Rinne type of situation I think, style and size-wise. Most would prefer the more technical/cerebral, slightly smaller goalie as to which I think most would prefer Lundqvist over Rinne if we're using a fairly apt comparison

Regardless, getting either outcome would be awesome. Cossa of course fits more into the Wings timeline so I'm rooting for him a bit more naturally. However, due to Augustine being so refined, I wonder if he slides into NHL action sooner rather than later. Not really an Yzerman thing though

Nice to have not only one but two worthwhile goaltending prospects for once

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
:flames

Matvei Gridin - Samuel Honzek - Matt Coronato
Zayne Parekh - Hunter Brzustewicz
Dustin Wolf

Honzek isn't a center, Gridin is a left shot RWer and Parekh is a RD.

Samuel Honzek - Luke Misa - Matt Coronato
Etienne Morin - Zayne Parekh
Dustin Wolf

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Devils don't draft Centers

Josh Filmon - Artem Shlaine - Arseni Gritsyuk

Anton Silayev - Seamus Casey

Nico Daws

If I could put two RW's on the line I'd swap out Filmon with Lenni Hamneggo's Lenni Hameenaho

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers

Othmann - McConnell-Barker - Gabe Perreault
Fortescue - Emery
Garand

Went based on EP positioning. Rangers have some good prospects on the wings, but we’re starting to lack almost everywhere else. A lot of grads in the last few years and some picks not panning out.

Roobroeck had a good year, but McConnell-Barker is still ahead, and Mancini is more ready than Emery, but Emery has more long-term upside.
Would go with the kid we picked out of the Q this year ahead of BMB. BMB was not even 1PPG in the O in his 19 year old year. That suggests a forward that won’t be an NHL’er.

Reactions: Savard18

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Our pool might actually be underrated.

If we were to do a sleeper 6:
Pekarcik- Jecho-Susuyev
Koromyslov/Buchinger- L. Fischer
Cranley

Not too shabby
I actually like Fischer as a prospect a lot more than Buchinger after last season. Cranley is terrible though. Has a knack for ALWAYS allowing the worst goal at the absolute worst moments. I doubt he ever even finds his way to being a starter in the AHL.

Would go with the kid we picked out of the Q this year ahead of BMB. BMB was not even 1PPG in the O in his 19 year old year. That suggests a forward that won’t be an NHL’er.
On a team that loaded up to make a run too. I thought for sure BMB had a solid shot at an NHL career two years ago. Last year changed my mind.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Othmann - Edstrom - Perreault
Fortescue - Emery
Garand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad