Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #7 (2024 Version)

Who do you rank as the Penguins #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Part of the reason I’m in no rush to vote Poulin is because I think it’s become clear this coach/staff doesn’t think highly of him therefore he’s never going to get a real chance.

They called up guys like Gruden, Koppanen and Johnstone over him. Signed Poolparty, traded for Bemstrom, claimed Harkins and Phillips over seeing what he could do. Puustinen officially leapfrogged him last year. He’s going to be 24 soon. He’s already missed out on a ton of crucial development time. I just don’t see it anymore here. His best chance is to get moved, and even then it may be too late.
Yea that Johnstone call-up was actually insane

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Poulin put up better numbers last year than ZAR did in the AHL in similar games played.
eh not really apples to apples anymore as he was a vet on a team with a ton of prospects in the AHL.

ZAR AHL stats (age) coming off 63 pts in 38 NCAA games

D+5 (22)- 8 pts in 10 games
D+6 (23)- 29 pts in 41 games
D+7 (24)- 9 pts in 11 games

Poulin

D+4 (21, turned 22) - 4 pts in 15 games
D+5 (22, turned 23) - 31 points in 41 games.
D+6 - TBA

It’s pretty similar. I’m also more comparing stylistically. Poulin probably has better hands and slightly better skating but I don’t see a world where he’s this energy bottom 6er.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
eh not really apples to apples anymore as he was a vet on a team with a ton of prospects in the AHL.

ZAR AHL stats (age) coming off 63 pts in 38 NCAA games

D+5 (22)- 8 pts in 10 games
D+6 (23)- 29 pts in 41 games
D+7 (24)- 9 pts in 11 games

Poulin

D+4 (21, turned 22) - 4 pts in 15 games
D+5 (22, turned 23) - 31 points in 41 games.
D+6 - TBA

It’s pretty similar. I’m also more comparing stylistically. Poulin probably has better hands and slightly better skating but I don’t see a world where he’s this energy bottom 6er.

I just don't see the comparable personally.

People were saying ZAR had "Hornqvist" potential when he came over. But even in college ZAR was known for his defensive game.

Poulin if he ever makes it to the NHL is offensive oriented.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Typically I’m not a hot takey, speculative guy but here’s one

Lucius a flight risk IMO
I'd question the intelligence of Lucius if he stayed to be honest, haha. If you're looking at what is going on with the Penguins and want to have a strong career path to the NHL and remain in the NHL vs just landing the contract, getting paid and then fizzling out like a trivia answer like Bobby Butler.

The Penguins are not that team where Lucius would probably thrive in for his career if things remain the same in Management.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Doesn't warrant a thread - Boomhower signs with the Devils organization :laugh:

11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad