Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #4 (2024 Version)

Who do you rank as the Penguins #4 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ilyin is probably underrated here. The Penguins seem to have great scouting in Russia. He was the best KHL player U19 this year. Probably late 1st rounder talent right there, drafted in 5th round... Excellent value.
I extremely doubt that's a late 1st rounder territory. He might have moved up to a late 2nd definitely 3rd rounder. He went from MHL to KHL, MHL to KHL their worst league to #1 league. If he hits another time in the KHL we can start talking late 1st round territory.

I think he's being overrated if he's in the top 10.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I extremely doubt that's a late 1st rounder territory. He might have moved up to a late 2nd definitely 3rd rounder. He went from MHL to KHL, MHL to KHL their worst league to #1 league. If he hits another time in the KHL we can start talking late 1st round territory.

I think he's being overrated if he's in the top 10.
He spent the whole season in KHL last year. Played 65 games in KHL and he played very well there. Only played in MHL playoffs. It came a bit out of nowhere but he was the best U19 player in KHL last year, accoording to stats. KHL is a very low scoring league, his stats look impressive for such a young kid there. Those are borderline 1st round-ish stats, imo.

Reactions: Jacob

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He spent the whole season in KHL last year. Played 65 games in KHL and he played very well there. Only played in MHL playoffs. It came a bit out of nowhere but he was the best U19 player in KHL last year, accoording to stats. KHL is a very low scoring league, his stats look impressive for such a young kid there. Those are borderline 1st round-ish stats, imo.
So you are basing it all off of a single season. He doesn't have to prove it wasn't a fluke?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I want Ilyin to prove it again but the comparables for that year, even with skepticism over different circumstances, should absolutely have him rocketing up the prospect rankings.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
So you are basing it all off of a single season. He doesn't have to prove it wasn't a fluke?
That´s the definition of prospect. You never know what will happen. But the recent season is the season that matters the most. Absolutely. So yeah, I am putting weight in his last season for sure, he proved that he can play well against men in the second best league in the world.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think Ilyin should probably crack top ten in THIS prospect pool.
There are a few who are being highly regarded due to the prospect of this pool.

It's a bunch of 2nd rounders or less with some having hit somewhat high potential outside of North America.

Mainly Murashov, Koivunen and Ilyin. The only one signed until recently was Koivunen. Murashov just signed. Ilyin is still unsigned.

Murashov might have moved up a slot from #8 to #7 for me with the signing. No North America data to go off of.

1. Yager
2. Bloomqvist
3. Pickering
4. Ponomarev
5. Koivunen
6. Howe
7. Murashov
8. Brunicke
9. Poulin
10. Broz

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Brunicke, Howe, Poulin and Broz are all in the same neighborhood as Ilyin. And most of those cats play against other kids, not men. I think it's a tossup at best.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
That´s the definition of prospect. You never know what will happen. But the recent season is the season that matters the most. Absolutely. So yeah, I am putting weight in his last season for sure, he proved that he can play well against men in the second best league in the world.
The Pens have not done well with Euro prospects in a good while. It doesn't help they are mostly taken in later rounds. Puus being the most recent enigma.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Id say everyone that we can vote for in this poll is a “legit” prospect where it’s fair to expect them all to have a (small) chance to make a full time role, maybe appear in some games at the least. All have some degree of trade value.

I don’t think it’s very strong and would still grade out towards the bottom of the league but it’s a lot better than past years.

Rest of pool is hope and wishing IMO.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
There are a few who are being highly regarded due to the prospect of this pool.

It's a bunch of 2nd rounders or less with some having hit somewhat high potential outside of North America.

Mainly Murashov, Koivunen and Ilyin. The only one signed until recently was Koivunen. Murashov just signed. Ilyin is still unsigned.

Murashov might have moved up a slot from #8 to #7 for me with the signing. No North America data to go off of.

1. Yager
2. Bloomqvist
3. Pickering
4. Ponomarev
5. Koivunen
6. Howe
7. Murashov
8. Brunicke
9. Poulin
10. Broz
Good list. "Prospect" wise, I think I would have Ilyin over Poulin and Broz. Or least above Broz.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Good list. "Prospect" wise, I think I would have Ilyin over Poulin and Broz. Or least above Broz.
I would have llyin in place of Poulin … Poulin doesn’t look like he’ll be a NHL player and he’s already 22

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If he proves it wasn’t a fluke he’s pushing late 1st round territory in a re-do.

He certainly deserves a higher rank than Murashov.

Reactions: Ugene Magic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium