Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #4 (2024 Version)

Who do you rank as the Penguins #4 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Pickering won a close #3.

Vote for who you think is the Penguins #4 prospect.

Poll closes in 2-4 days, unless voting is not close.

Results so far:

#1 Yager 92.6% (called early)
#2 Blomqvist 70.9% (called early)
#3 Pickering 55.7% (asked people to change votes to avoid a runoff)

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think this will be another close one between Koivunen and Murashov. It's hard because, like with Pickering, it's two different positions, and there's a lot of reasons to be hopeful. I want to see Murashov in NA first to get a better idea, so I hope in a year or two, I can look at this post and absolutely eat crow on him. Went with Koivunen. Then Murashov. Then Ponomarov. That said, Pono is likely the most NHL ready but potential-wise, I think Koi/Mura are higher IF they reach potential.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think this will be another close one between Koivunen and Murashov. It's hard because, like with Pickering, it's two different positions, and there's a lot of reasons to be hopeful. I want to see Murashov in NA first to get a better idea, so I hope in a year or two, I can look at this post and absolutely eat crow on him. Went with Koivunen. Then Murashov. Then Ponomarov. That said, Pono is likely the most NHL ready but potential-wise, I think Koi/Mura are higher IF they reach potential.
Neither Murashov nor Koivunen has been seen much on NA ice…Koivunen had a couple games in Wilkes and seemed slow imo, which is why I went with Murashov…but both have higher ceilings than Pono…I would pick Broz lol but he has no chance in this poll…I’ll likely go back to picking him after Murashov as I think he’s a better prospect than Pono and has a better chance than Koivunen of making an impact sooner…

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
If Murashov wins I will be adding Gauthier to the list.

Swanson will be added too, regardless of who wins. Who are some other suggestions to add?

Also, are we considering Ludvig to be a prospect? I do but want some other input. He only just turned 24 today (HBD!) and doesn't have that much NHL time.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Koivunen for me.

Add Kangas or Swanson

If Murashov wins I will be adding Gauthier to the list.

Swanson will be added too, regardless of who wins. Who are some other suggestions to add?

Also, are we considering Ludvig to be a prospect? I do but want some other input. He only just turned 24 today (HBD!) and doesn't have that much NHL time.
Kangas, Belliveau, Tankov, Foster

Jdodd

Jun 24, 2017
Shocked Pickering was voted 3rd.. I think he could easily be our next Poulin as far as 1st round busts. I know they can all bust, but I don’t see anything great except for height.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Shocked Pickering was voted 3rd.. I think he could easily be our next Poulin as far as 1st round busts. I know they can all bust, but I don’t see anything great except for height.
I mean and his skating and puck handling.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Just out of curiosity what makes a player like Koivunen (meh numbers in a garbo league... nothing-much AHL numbers) or two goaltending prospects which is the most volatile position in the sport better than Pickering? I'm not being contentious just curious as to the rationale.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
If he didn't get hurt last season he would've gotten a lot more games and minutes. Not sure what your requirements are, but based on his projected games/minutes last season I wouldn't include him.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Ponomarev for me

Just out of curiosity what makes a player like Koivunen (meh numbers in a garbo league... nothing-much AHL numbers) or two goaltending prospects which is the most volatile position in the sport better than Pickering? I'm not being contentious just curious as to the rationale.
Koivunen’s numbers weren’t meh, just remains to be seen if they will translate to NA.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I dunno. 28 in 52 would have been really good years ago for a kid his age. But Liiga doesn't seem like it is what it once was. I suppose you have to at least give the nod that he's competing against full grown men. But the talent level there seems extremely suspect. Trust me... I hope he really breaks out.

Reactions: Sideline

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If he didn't get hurt last season he would've gotten a lot more games and minutes. Not sure what your requirements are, but based on his projected games/minutes last season I wouldn't include him.

But he did. So projections on what could have happened shouldn’t count in terms of development. He doesn’t have a lot of AHL games either (74 games)

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
But he did. So projections on what could have happened shouldn’t count in terms of development. He doesn’t have a lot of AHL games either (74 games)
Eh. For me he made the team last season, so an incoming 24 year-old who made the NHL isn't a prospect anymore. But obviously others' mileage varies and that's fine.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
lokomotiv15 not voting for Murashov is a crime

I dunno. 28 in 52 would have been really good years ago for a kid his age. But Liiga doesn't seem like it is what it once was. I suppose you have to at least give the nod that he's competing against full grown men. But the talent level there seems extremely suspect. Trust me... I hope he really breaks out.

He had 56 pts in 59 games this year.

6th overall in the league.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
No Calder eligibility and he was in the NHL for the whole year besides a conditionining assignment. More than Puustinen.

I’d count he and Puustinen as graduated IMO.

Reactions: Sideline
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium