Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #15 (2024 Version)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you rank as the Penguins #15 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Tankov won #14 -- a close poll.

Vote for who you think is the Penguins #15 prospect.

Poll closes in 2-4 days, unless voting is not close.

Results so far:

#1 Yager 92.6% (called early) McGroarty, as per an executive decision
#2 Blomqvist 70.9% (called early)
#3 Pickering 55.7% *
#4 Koivunen 54.3%
#5 Murashov 66.7% (called early)
#6 Ponomaryov 64.5% *
#7 Ilyin 60.0% (called early)
#8 Howe 42.2%
#9 Brunicke 45.5%
#10 Poulin 51.6% *
#11 Broz 75.6% (called early)
#12 Pieniniemi 52.1%
#13 Lucius 46.0%
#14 Tankov 38.9%

* = I asked people to change votes to avoid a runoff

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
22 and has done zilch at any meaningful level.

Barely noteworthy at even the VHL level.

Will be 22 most of this season and lost an entire season due to a broken neck. Can skate and is defensively conscious. Last season was definitely a down year with regards to production but I'll give him a pass due to that broken neck. And then he did quite well in their playoffs.

Looks like he's getting some KHL games this season. Not many minutes though.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
22 and drafted is a prospect to me.

Agree he’s a long shot with a body of work that is not actually all that impressive.

Laatsch is same boat. I expect absolutely nothing but someone should be able to vote for him.

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
22 and drafted is a prospect to me.

Agree he’s a long shot with a body of work that is not actually all that impressive.

Laatsch is same boat. I expect absolutely nothing but someone should be able to vote for him.
I also think Swanson and all the other names on the current pole are significantly better prospects..

I think half of Tankov’s votes are people not aware the VHL is the AHL of the KHL or have only seen a highlight clip from 2 years ago.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Plante had a very encouraging year in the USHL. I voted for him. Gauthier may be good but it's been awhile since we've seen a NCAA UFA goalie become something. I thought Lindberg was going to be a hot commodity but he fizzled pretty quick.

Swanson is the new toy with a lot of buzz but I'm going to have to see more of him before I decide.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Plante had a very encouraging year in the USHL. I voted for him. Gauthier may be good but it's been awhile since we've seen a NCAA UFA goalie become something. I thought Lindberg was going to be a hot commodity but he fizzled pretty quick.

Swanson is the new toy with a lot of buzz but I'm going to have to see more of him before I decide.
While that's true, Swanson outscored Plante by 6 points despite being 2 years younger and in the previous year their production wasn't even close. By all accounts Swanson is going to be a hobey baker candidate type player. Swanson is quite a bit better than Plante Imo

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I also think Swanson and all the other names on the current pole are significantly better prospects..

I think half of Tankov’s votes are people not aware the VHL is the AHL of the KHL or have only seen a highlight clip from 2 years ago.
3 of 4 haven't seen any of these player's highlights even, who you kidding? 🤣

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
3 of 4 haven't seen any of these player's highlights even, who you kidding? 🤣

Don’t really have to. If a prospect is struggling to be productive in lesser leagues it’s a good indication they will never make a meaningful impact on an NHL team. Especially at an age where most physical development has already occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad