Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #11 (2024 Version)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you rank as the Penguins #11 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Poulin won a close #10.

Vote for who you think is the Penguins #11 prospect.

Poll closes in 2-4 days, unless voting is not close.

Results so far:

#1 Yager 92.6% (called early) McGroarty, as per an executive decision
#2 Blomqvist 70.9% (called early)
#3 Pickering 55.7% *
#4 Koivunen 54.3%
#5 Murashov 66.7% (called early)
#6 Ponomaryov 64.5% *
#7 Ilyin 60.0% (called early)
#8 Howe 42.2%
#9 Brunicke 45.5%
#10 Poulin 51.6% *

* = I asked people to change votes to avoid a runoff

Last edited:

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I think he still looks good. I don't think hockey IQ stands out negatively. But the VHL is a weird league, uhh, format...? It's like bad roller hockey sometimes. Having Samuel Poulin ahead of him might be the first instance of team board's prospect poll having a nostalgia pick haha

He's like 30 and shows very little upside.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Maybe add in Pietila or Belliveau.

I think of who is left I’ll vote

Lucius
Broz
Pienimiemi
Belliveau
Pietila
Vaisanen
Swanson
Tankov
Plante

Probably lower on Plante and Tankov than other people.

Is half a PPG in the VHL a positive sign for Tankov? I thought I recalled he did well in the playoffs there but maybe I’m misremembering. I figure most Russians with any ounce of NHL potential would be at least getting some KHL time at 21 or 22

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
My personal top 10:

McGroarty
Pickering
Blomqvist
Ponomarev
Murashov
Ilyin
Koivunen
Howe
Brunicke
Poulin

@KareemTrustfund when I watched Tankov (pre-injury) he was obviously a good skater. He was also pretty decent on the defensive side of things. But when he'd zoom into the o-zone with the puck he'd seem confused as to what he should do with the puck. Often times he'd do a Kapanen-esque loop back towards the blue line. And then he'd eventually lose the puck by trying to do too much. How much of it was because his linemates were crap? I don't know. But he at least has skating and defensive awareness going for him. Oh, and he was pretty good on faceoffs too. But my faceoff tracking (literally just me keeping a tally on paper) varied quite a bit from the official league stats. (cc @Michael Farkas )

Also, I'll probably close up this poll tomorrow morning. Will be adding more players to the options.

Reactions: KareemTrustfund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad