Pre-Game Talk: Prospect Challenge (Rookie Tournament) September

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Good for Crookshank - I always feel terribly for the guys who suffer major injuries. I have had two ACL surgeries, so I know what a long rehab feels like. (Spoiler alert - it sucks.) I always cheer for a great comeback story for guys like him...

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Sokolov will be in main camp but not the prospect tournament.

It seems like the older AHL guys won't attend. So Sokolov, Kastelic and Reinhardt likely aren't taking part.

Good. There is no good reason they should be there. Have the younger more inexperienced guys have a crack.

Reactions: Bileur and Cosmix

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Good. There is no good reason they should be there. Have the younger more inexperienced guys have a crack.
Do you mean in terms of playing time? From a participation perspective the only forward prospects that could attend that didn't attend the prospect tournament last season are Viktor Lodin and Tyler Boucher. Lodin is older than Sokolov and Reinhardt and has pro experience from playing in the SHL the last three seasons.

From what I understand the remaining forward prospects whose rights the Senators hold are unable to attend. To provide an exhaustive list: Jakov Novak, Luke Loheit, Stephen Halliday and Tyson Dyck are expected to play in the NCAA next season and would lose their NCAA eligibility if they took part in this tournament. Cameron O'Neill and Theo Wallberg are expected to play in the USHL next season and then the NCAA. Similar to our NCAA prospects they would lose their NCAA eligibility if they play in the tournament. Oliver Johansson, Filip Nordberg, Oskar Pettersson and Kevin Reidler are expected to play in Europe next season so they won't be attending.

That leaves the only new attendees as Viktor Lodin, Tyler Boucher, Jorion Donovan and Tomas Hamara. The rest will have played in the tournament last season or be free agent invites. One of the prospects was on the Locked on Senators podcast and mentioned that Kyle McDonald, who took part in development camp, will be attending the rookie tournament so that is one other player.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad