Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) CSKA Moskva (KHL)

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
The positive is he has jumped from a nothing prospect to a possibility again, which is where he should be at a 33rd overall. You need to get NHL players with those picks.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Probably he won't agree, he'll just sign a long-term contract in the KHL. He's been playing against older players for years. Why would he go to the AHL?

From the cilps I've seen he'll need some time to adjust to the speed of the NHL. Not his skating, the lack of time he'll have to make some of his moves.

Reactions: Chainshot

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Probably he won't agree, he'll just sign a long-term contract in the KHL. He's been playing against older players for years. Why would he go to the AHL?

From the cilps I've seen he'll need some time to adjust to the speed of the NHL. Not his skating, the lack of time he'll have to make some of his moves.

I think it's going to be one of these cases where the Sabres will have to offer him a legitimate, honest chance to make the team out of camp. And if he does, he sticks. And if not? Then Rochester.

If he wants a guaranteed NHL deal......he'll likely stay in the KHL for another couple years.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think it's going to be one of these cases where the Sabres will have to offer him a legitimate, honest chance to make the team out of camp. And if he does, he sticks. And if not? Then Rochester.

If he wants a guaranteed NHL deal......he'll likely stay in the KHL for another couple years.
Yeah, that's the minimum, his plus is also that he's not a top 6 player or a bust, he can easily play bottom 6 and he's a guy with some grit, which we could use as well. But he's also playing for a team that could very well offer him good money and a contract, especially if Adams tells him that they see him in Rochester for the next 1-2 seasons.
I don't think his skating is a big issue. Again, depending on what Buffalo tells him, but his team can give him a lot of money for 4-5 years.

Reactions: Beauty

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Yeah, that's the minimum, his plus is also that he's not a top 6 player or a bust, he can easily play bottom 6 and he's a guy with some grit, which we could use as well. But he's also playing for a team that could very well offer him good money and a contract, especially if Adams tells him that they see him in Rochester for the next 1-2 seasons.

I don't think his skating is a big issue. Again, depending on what Buffalo tells him, but his team can give him a lot of money for 4-5 years.

I also said his skating wasn't the issue.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad