Prime Mackinnon vs Prime Kariya

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

You can only fit one on your team, who do you get?

• Nathan Mackinnon

• Paul Kariya

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staniowski

Jan 13, 2018
The Maritimes
If you're going to compare them, you need to compare them at their respective bests, at good health, because Kariya played most of his career greatly affected by injuries, including several major concussions. He was never the same after the Suter hit early in his career.

It's a good comparison if you're comparing their ability at full health.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
MacK. Kariya is pretty much equal to Selanne at their best and MacKinnon is clearle a step above both.

Reactions: authentic

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I think MacK in this one.

Kariya had the talent and might have got there without the injuries, but he didn’t.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
People don’t remember Kariya very accurately imo as you have to be older to remember how good he was early on before the injuries. Most people recall the back half if anything at all. This is very close and to be honest Karina was the higher skilled player imo, and I live in CO and have watched Mack his whole career. I think my only reason to lean towards Mack is the fact he’s a center and if you had to pick one guy for one game it’s hard not to choose the guy that impacts the game down the middle.

As a pure offensive player option for one game, I’m really torn. Kariya was unstoppable until he got cross checked in the face. I didn’t think a winger could impact the game at such a high level back then until I saw him do it at the NHL level. These two if we’re talking peak health were at a very similar level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad