Injury Report: Price DONE for the series vs NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PricePkPatch*

It sends a REALLY bad vibe to make room for a rookie by sitting a vet who battled for 2 series so far. It's not something you can do at this point.

You just CANNOT sit anyone at the moment. That's the (good!) reality. Everybody is giving their 100%.

However, the entire team knows that the first one to take it easy will be swapped with Chuckie if Chuckie proves himself in practices.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Holy crap.. which means Bournival is downgraded to.. 4th line?

You sit Prust? I don't think so buddy. Not against his ex-team.
You sit Weise? LOOOL
You sit Briere? :laugh:

Who cares if Prust is playing against his former team. It's about commitment to win for the team. Once Galchy is ready, Prust is the odd man out. We go back to Bournival-Briere-Weise and put Galchenyuk with Plek-Vanek...we might still need Prust/Moen in the future but that should be the lines.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't put him in at all unless we either lose 2 in a row, or someone starts playing awful.. otherwise no one playing deserves to be taken out for Galchenyuk right now.

If it does come down to it my guess is either Prust, or ( I hope I'm wrong about this one ) Bourque continues to go back to his regular self.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It sends a REALLY bad vibe to make room for a rookie by sitting a vet who battled for 2 series so far. It's not something you can do at this point.

At this point, I agree. No reason to change anything with a line up that just smoked the Bruins in back-to-back elimination games.

Even if he's 100% healthy, you wait to lose 1 or 2 and you have to make a shake-up and then evaluate who needs to come out based on their play. Could be any of Briere, Bourque, Prust or Bournival IMO.

For any of those guys who are on the "bubble", even just knowing they could lose their spot to a healthy Galchenyuk if they don't play 100% every shift can be a motivator in itself.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
See what happens in game 1. I doubt Galchenyuk is in game shape yet anyway.

If Prust plays the he did before games 6 and 7 of the Boston series, he's easily the odd man out.

drivefor25

Jan 10, 2009
Bourque was great against Tampa but almost back to himself versus Boston - see how Bourque does in Game 1 - if old Bourque is back then Galchenyuk in Game 2.

Pac Desharnais Gallagher
Galchenyuk Plekanec Vanek
Bournival Eller Gionta
Prust Briere Weise

PricePkPatch*

If it makes the team better, yes, Chucky should play over any of those 3 guys (especially Prust).

That wasn't my point.

Prust is probably going to put pedal to the metal in his games against the Rangers. You do not remove anyone if they all play lights-out.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Holy crap.. which means Bournival is downgraded to.. 4th line?

You sit Prust? I don't think so buddy. Not against his ex-team.
You sit Weise? LOOOL
You sit Briere? :laugh:

If it can make our team better, it should be done. The only guy that would sit in that scenario is Bournival, imo. He's played well, but if push comes to shove, he might be the odd man out.

I think that is what will happen but it sucks for Bournival because he is skating really well on that line just not as skilled

Agreed. He's not a great fit on the Top 6, but he's filled in nicely thanks to his speed and tenacity.

habscup*

Bourque was great against Tampa but almost back to himself versus Boston - see how Bourque does in Game 1 - if old Bourque is back then Galchenyuk in Game 2.

Pac Desharnais Gallagher
Bournival Eller Gionta
Prust Briere Weise

Is this for real? Do peoople actually watch the games? Or do they expect Bourque to score 2 points everygame?

Nynja*

Thats the thing, having him back is good, but who do you replace right now? The only people who were playing bad have recently woken up.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher <-nope
Bournival-Plekanec-Vanek <-not happening
Bourque-Eller-Gionta <-cant break that up
Prust-Brière-Weise <-lol no

Wait till he's 100% ready and let the panic button start flashing before changing anything. This is the lineup that shut out the pres cup winners at home, then beat the pres cup winners in their home in game 7. I was worried about Prust in game 6, when he was left in and Moen was left out, but Ginette Reno channeled her magic and he literally went from playing at 70% to playing at 100% over 1 game.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
See what happens in game 1. I doubt Galchenyuk is in game shape yet anyway.

If Prust plays the he did before games 6 and 7 of the Boston series, he's easily the odd man out.

Exactly! He probably needs a few more practices with full contact. That probably means he'll be ready for the 3rd or 4th game at the earliest.

PricePkPatch*

Is this for real? Do peoople actually watch the games? Or do they expect Bourque to score 2 points everygame?

Bourque was fine against Boston. He really hustled on more than one occasion.

PricePkPatch*

He will replace Bournival. Kid has been playing good. But Chuckie has magic and is fresh.

You do not reward hustling and energy and effort and willingness to go into corners by HEALTHY-SCRATCH THAT PLAYER

Bournival has given 100% you expect of him, and even more. You want to encourage that, not punish him.

I prefer lesser-skilled who really give their 110% to win. That's the mindset we want to keep with this team.

habscup*

You do not reward hustling and energy and effort and willingness to go into corners by HEALTHY-SCRATCH THAT PLAYER

Bournival has given 100% you expect of him, and even more. You want to encourage that, not punish him.

I prefer lesser-skilled who really give their 110% to win. That's the mindset we want to keep with this team.

Yep, otherwise you become the penguins or capitals.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If it can make our team better, it should be done. The only guy that would sit in that scenario is Bournival, imo. He's played well, but if push comes to shove, he might be the odd man out.

I don't know about that. Bournival has been one of the best players. If Bourque continues his slide I nominate him. But something tells me he might ratchet up his game to the Tampa series. Rangers are closer to Tampa Bay hockey than Boston. So maybe Chuckie has to wait for an injury or a stretch of terrible play from someone..

rickyrunfar

Mar 1, 2014
Bournival skates like the wind. He was giving the Bruins D fits. Amazing energy player. Speed kills. Galy should replace Bourque if Bourque starts to slow down.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Fact: If he's not in before, as soon as there's a loss, he's in... Fan support for not changing the winning lineup vs Boston will then wither to under 10%... This board will be angry. We'll all want heads to roll. We've all seen this dozens of times...

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal

Pac Desharnais Gallagher
Bournival Eller Gionta
Prust Briere Weise

Not true. Bourque has been playing his role. A 3rd line winger that will dump, chase, cycle the puck, be good defensively. His offence is a bonus. Him, Eller and Gionta have nice chemistry, they play a simple game. Every game, they have couple 2on1s/3on2s. As much as I like Prust, he is definetly not an untouchable.

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
Fact: If he's not in before, as soon as there's a loss, he's in... Fan support for not changing the winning lineup vs Boston will wither to under 10%... This board will be angry. We'll all want heads to roll. We've all seen this dozens of times...

That's too bad for him, cause we ain't losing another one.

Go Habs go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad