Preseason!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tanti9

Dec 18, 2023
It is that time of the year as hockey is in the air. This weekend are many Prospect tournament and training camp around the corner. Do you take much stock in training camp and pre-season games? If I remember correctly the Canucks were 2-4 last year and after a 10-0 drubbing by the mighty Calgary Flames there was some angst among Canuck fans. I personally put little stock into pre-season games until the final 2. Heck I remember a couple of years ago Dylan Holloway scored a hat trick versus Vancouver and Edmonton fans were ecstatic and believed he was going to be a good piece moving forward. There are many examples like this on every team. But, you have to like everyone's enthusiasm at this time of the year as most fans have an optimist look on their team after adding new players and implementing young rookies into their lineup or new coaches, managers, etc. How are you feeling?

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
0 stock, haven't watched a preseason game in years. Maybe I will tune in this year for a few Leafs games since the Jays are not in a playoff race for the first time since 2019. Not feeling optimistic about the Leafs to say the least.

• Wow
Reactions: Coffees

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It’s completely meaningless outside of the team being able to practice and try to get on the same page on what to do, and getting a feel for the game again of course after the time off.

Teams have swept preseason and sucked. Teams have lost out and been fine once the real games start. Players have looked great putting up points then fade in October.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
0 stock, haven't watched a preseason game in years. Maybe I will tune in this year for a few Leafs games since the Jays are not in a playoff race for the first time since 2019. Not feeling optimistic about the Leafs to say the least.
Trade Reilly then and reshape the defence if you think there’s no hope

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pre-season hockey use to be pretty good in that the skill was lower, so there were more chances. People really wanted to show what they had, so there was physicality, animosity and fighting.

Didn't the John Scott - Phil Kessel scrum happen in pre-season ?

Now pre-season kind of sucks. Last year, or the year before when that Kings nobody hit Stone and got him pissed was good, too.

Need more of that.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
No stock. It's just an opportunity to watch some young guys.

But when the preseason starts winding down and you see more and more veterans, it gets to be pretty boring and you just want to fast forward to the season.

Reactions: tanti9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad