GDT: PRESEASON - Kraken @ Flames 7pm MT (4am in Finland) [On CalgaryFlames.com]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JurassicTunga

Mar 21, 2010
Wow, Honzek...

200w.gif

Reactions: Bounces R Way

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
was a hell of a pass.
He was super raw when we initially signed him... he had lost time from a college suspension for fighting off0ice

Wolf started the Last Kraken game and the one in Abbotsford against the Canucks.
Oh didnt know he started the nucks game, just realized the score app dont have stats for that game at all.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I just don't see how the Flames can even think about sending Honzek to the AHL.
The only way I see it is if management really wants to avoid putting pressure on him. If they send him to the AHL to prove that he's able to play with pros at this level in real games with the understanding that he'll be called up in a couple weeks it would make a certain amount of sense (though it would ruffle our feathers significantly).

Making the team and then getting sent down is big negative press. Being called up and then sent down is hardly newsworthy though. So it would really take the pressure off imo.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Remember how some of you wrote off Honzek a few weeks ago?

tv-family-guy.gif
Shoutout to the poster three weeks ago who told me he didn’t belong in the AHL, I didnt believe you but you called it. Sure he meant the CHL and not the NHL, but when you’re right you’re right.

Jokes aside, till think he ends up in the AHL this year but if he keeps this up he may force the Flames to give him a 10-15 game cup of tea before sending him down.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Oh didnt know he started the nucks game, just realized the score app dont have stats for that game at all.
that game was f***ed, no sounds for the video feed, radio guys had no access to stats beyond the scoreboard... and Wills essentially admitted it had been a shit show all day and wasn't shocked there was no audio on the video feed

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Not to me. It reads like a reward to Honzek for a great camp before they send him to the Wranglers. Coronato is just trying to prove he belongs in the top 9, Pelts and Solo on the roster, Barrie a contract in general and Morton/Klapka spots on the roster or to be first recalls.
What do you think are the chances morton gets a spot as the 12th/13th forward?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Good for Honzek for turning things around. Still not sure his body is ready for the rigours of an 82-game pro season but he’s earned an October audition in the regular season. I still lean towards sending him back to junior.

I think Pelletier makes the team if he beats out Lomberg for a spot on the 4th line. He hasn’t even come close. Second year out of three he’s had a clear lane to win a spot and hasn’t stepped up. There are probably 31 other Jakob Pelletiers around the league about to hit waivers and none will get claimed

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Good for Honzek for turning things around. Still not sure his body is ready for the rigours of an 82-game pro season but he’s earned an October audition in the regular season. I still lean towards sending him back to junior.

I think Pelletier makes the team if he beats out Lomberg for a spot on the 4th line. He hasn’t even come close. Second year out of three he’s had a clear lane to win a spot and hasn’t stepped up. There are probably 31 other Jakob Pelletiers around the league about to hit waivers and none will get claimed
Honzek needing to be in the CHL was a uniformed opinion before, now it’s just a bad one. He’d be one of the biggest, strongest, fastest, and oldest guys down there; you’d mostly just be risking him picking up habits that would never work in the pros when he isn’t head and shoulders older and more physically developed than the competition.

Like I atleast understood where you were coming from when you and others didn’t separate him playing injured and need to physically develop from the season he just had. Now though, with him being healthy and appearing to finally have a proper year of pro training, he’s up to 7 points in 5 games while looking stronger than he reasonably should. There’s really no good argument left for the CHL other than you’re just sticking to your guns.

The guy just walked Vince Dunn, seeing what he can do against potentially 15-16 year olds isn’t the natural progression from that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad