GDT: Preseason GM05| Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers| Mon. Sep 30th | 6pm | SNP | Miller Time?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It's not gonna happen and it ultimately doesn't matter but I'm cheering hard for this abysmal lineup beating Edmonton on the road. It would be hilarious.

Reactions: Kryten

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
My gawd......Kudryavtsev and D-Petey are being thrown to the lions in this one. That's a blueline that would struggle to keep the puck out of their own net in Abbotsford.

If they can survive this one, they'll be able to sail through anything they're likely to face in the AHL.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
My gawd......Kudryavtsev and D-Petey are being thrown to the lions in this one. That's a blueline that would struggle to keep the puck out of their own net in Abbotsford.

If they can survive this one, they'll be able to sail through anything they're likely to face in the AHL.
You seriously think that Desharnais, Juulsen, Friedman, Wolanin, Pettersson and Kudryavtsev would be a weak AHL group?

Reactions: rypper

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Seen a few instances of Suter-Sprong. Wonder if that’s 2/3rds of the initial 4th if Blueger can’t go to start and Raty holds over on that consistent unit.

Then when Blueger is back you can swap him in, or shift Suter to wing if Raty has been performing.

No indication at all they’re considering Sprong for Pettersson. Sat was on SN650 this morning and said his bet to start is Sherwood with Pettersson-DeBrusk.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's a positive sign for Felton that he's not in the line-up tonight.

(At least I think it is. Now watch him get sent to Abbotsford before the final exhibition match.)

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
So basically the majority of the players getting cut are getting thrown to the wolves for one last game

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
You seriously think that Desharnais, Juulsen, Friedman, Wolanin, Pettersson and Kudryavtsev would be a weak AHL group?
He also called Derrick Pouliot the next Drew Doughty :laugh:
I doubt he actually believes any of the wild hot takes or 180 flip flops he posts though, he's just Ben Kuzma or someone like that trolling all of you with "And Now You Know the Rest of the Story" blog posts

It's a positive sign for Felton that he's not in the line-up tonight.

(At least I think it is. Now watch him get sent to Abbotsford before the final exhibition match.)
Tocchet wasn't that complimentary of Felton after his game - praised Mynio and Kudryavtsev heavily but just said Felton was "good"
Don't think Tocchet thinks much of him at this point so he's probably cut after this game

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I'm pretty sure he did something similar last year, played better players earlier in the preseason and then played mostly ahl line ups later until the last game. Not sure why he does that. Would be nice to get this pp some reps in, practice didn't help it last season.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
He also called Derrick Pouliot the next Drew Doughty :laugh:
I doubt he actually believes any of the wild hot takes or 180 flip flops he posts though, he's just Ben Kuzma or someone like that trolling all of you with "And Now You Know the Rest of the Story" blog posts

Tocchet wasn't that complimentary of Felton after his game - praised Mynio and Kudryavtsev heavily but just said Felton was "good"
Don't think Tocchet thinks much of him at this point so he's probably cut after this game
I noticed that as well. Nobody in management or even in media has been as positive about Felton as some posters here have been.

I could easily see your prediction being correct. But I'm still thinking it's possible it'll go the other way.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't really get these "thrown to the wolves" comments, getting them this game and got a lot of them last game.

It's the preseason, big whoop. The good players on the other team aren't even going to be trying that hard, and even if we do get shelled nobody is going to care or remember a week from now.

To me, "thrown to the wolves" is more like when we played Dipietro vs the Sharks a few years back.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Remember when Green stapled Nic Petan to Pettersson’s hip all preseason to live out his Portland Winterhawk fantasy and then surprisedpikachuface.jpg when we stumbled out of the gate

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
We're gonna get destroyed. Some of these guys should have been sent down already. Like why are Mueller, Smith and Bains still around? They've done not much of anything, and clearly aren't making the team.

At least looking forward to seeing more Kudryastev. Probably mostly watch the Seahawks game instead.
Sending the vets to Edmonton for a pre-season game would be a punishment more than anything. Granted there are some other guys they could send.

This might be one of those games where they send some guys to get absolutely spanked so they don't feel slighted when they get sent back to Abby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad