Pre-Game Talk: Preseason GM05| Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers| Mon. Sep 30th | 6pm | SNP | Miller Time?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I will be pissed if we don't see Miller unless they admit there is an injury. All other 'top tier' players have played for their teams unless they have been injured.

2 pre-season games left and this one is against who you will be fighting for top spot? Mix in some newer players but make sure they all know this game means something!!!!

Or they just try to get their legs under them and stay healthy realizing this is a duckfart nean nothing game...

lol, why be pissed he isn't playing in a meaningless game? I'm pretty sure he'll still make the team and be playing all year.

This game means nothing. It's pre-season.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Cant wait to hear How Bouchard is better than Hughes for the 69,420th time.
I know it's only pre:season but I hope both teams play a good lineup and we shit kick them.

I don't usually hate people I don't know but I really don't like oiler fans after the way a lot of them acted pretty much since game 1 of last season. I don't even hate the actual team and enjoy watching #97 but the fans are easily the worst in the league.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Agreed with those who say the pre-season is far too long and far too late.

I just can't give a shit about the pre-season. Occasionally when there's a big prospect who might make the team it's compelling.

But the mood swings people have over guys who are just trying to get their legs loose feel like they are in direct proportion to the fact that at the end of 95% of pre-season games fans feel like their time was wasted. Because often it was.

I'd rather watch the baseball playoffs, go for hikes, play my own hockey games, hang out with my girlfriend, go to the gym, watch movies, play video games, read books etc etc.

Once the season starts I'm all in. But until then, I just can't be bothered. And as I get older this perspective seems to grow in conviction.
MLB playoffs are almost as good as the NHL playoffs. Baseball in October almost always has something magical happen tho it's gotten a little less special with how many teams make it now but once the LCS start Its great.

I played in College so I'm biased but I will watch at least the ALCS and NLCS and WS no matter if the Jays, Mariners or Orioles are out. While without the nucks or the Panthers I kind of tune out.

Now this year with Ohtani , there's this feeling like something great is about to happen.

I really had hoped that the NHL had seen the WCB and how absolutely awesome that format was and when it took place and had a full on tourny before the season and saw the hype it created but instead of teams from even smaller nations we get a tourny halfway through the season with four teams.

I mean ffs if MLB can have teams froms Isreal, the Netherlands, Canada etc, why the hell can't the Czech republic, Slovakia, Latvia be included?

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I know it's only pre:season but I hope both teams play a good lineup and we shit kick them.

I don't usually hate people I don't know but I really don't like oiler fans after the way a lot of them acted pretty much since game 1 of last season. I don't even hate the actual team and enjoy watching #97 but the fans are easily the worst in the league.
Damn right, they have easily some of the most obnoxious fans Id seen in this board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad