GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Kopitar is old and its just preseason, he is probably sore and tired after getting back on the horse after resting a lot over the summer.

I hope to see continued improvements in Clarke's defensive game.

I like Fagemo and would be happy to see him not be claimed but I am not betting on it.

He didn't earn it but if he ever does improve a bit more the upside potential is huge.

Er could have beat the Panthers but came up a few plays short.

It's nice to see some renewed but cautious optimism.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
All I really took from that game is that the Panthers PK is really good. Hard fought game with the special teams making the difference. Overall, I’m more confident and happy with the team after the preseason than I was before it.
Agreed. It always looked more balanced on paper but until they stepped onto the ice it was impossible to know. Also, Hillers impact with it now being his team was a complete unknown.

Obviously it’s ‘just’ preseason but it definitely looks promising, in that they will probably be more fun to watch at the very least. The players seem much more upbeat also, than it appeared (to me at least) than at any time under TMac. There definitely seems to be a different vibe/tone, whatever it is.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
It felt like a good preseason overall. I like that they're not playing 1-3-1. It's an immediate improvement.
It's a more aggressive approach with more aggressive players added- with protection to allow younger players to swagger themselves up a level. The young players made it, the change in tone has started from a decade of "hang on and we will see what happens" on and off ice to a "lets see what we have" approach. Byfield is back up the middle where we need him, Turcotte gets to prove himself, Thomas looks like a clutch toolsy guy you win with. Clarke AND Spence inked in, and a 2nd year kid on the first line.

This was what was supposed to happen over the past two years, but with Vilardi and Faber, hopefully with Kaliyev hitting. Those managerial mistakes probably put a rough limit on the ceiling of this group, but it's FINALLY a step in the right direction.

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Its not your fault. It's a self protection mechanism.
Your mind blocked this game to avoid mental scarring when Buffalo completely wrecks us yet again
Somehow we’ll be the team that’s resting in Buffalo while they’re flying and dealing with a time change so… 8-1 Kings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad