GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Down by one during crunch time and team toughness takes perimeter shots and forgets to get to the net. Everyone looks pretty comfy.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Like to see Foegele playing with Kopi-Star and Kempe while Laferriere plays with Fiala and Byfield...other than that Thomas gets some games at Centre with Turcotte on the Wing or games with Lewis being replaced by Thomas and inserting Lee at least until Kaliyev gets back

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kings lost 4-2. Clarke jumped to bat the puck down from getting cleared, but the Panthers recovered and had a clear breakaway on an empty net.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Kings: Kuemper/Rittich(55/27)
Reign: Portillo/Copley(40/32)

The numbers are guestimate starts. I would think Copley still holds the 3rd string spot because of his NHL experience. Maybe a bit of chance we see Portillo have a start or 2. I could see Portillo playing a backup role following this coming season.

Its early and I might be being nitpicky but I didn't;t like that first goal against Kuemper .

He made some good stops but I thought he looked kinda vulnerable at times .

Same with Rittich in the last game, although the Ducks didn't hit the little spaces I saw in net

I would be watching Copley and Portillo's form closely in case either of the Kings golaies spirals.

At the same time I would be exploring a trade or a signing to keep on the other back burner.

Easily Clarke's best game of the preseason
I thought he was fully to partially culpable on at least 2 goals against.

Ye he made some great plays and passes, as well.
Kopitar and Laferriere are going to be a 2 ton anchor for Kempe to drag around this season.

Starting to think maybe Kempe belongs with Byfield and KF

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Like to see Foegele playing with Kopi-Star and Kempe while Laferriere plays with Fiala and Byfield...other than that Thomas gets some games at Centre with Turcotte on the Wing or games with Lewis being replaced by Thomas and inserting Lee at least until Kaliyev gets back

Fiala - QB - Kempe

Moore - Danault - Foegle

Jeannot _ Kopitar - Laferriere

Thomas - Turcotte - Lewis

I don't think Hiller would do this yet, but its what I would want to see vs Seantors on the 14th or soon anyway.

Probably start the successful same lineup against Boston for the opener as last time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad