GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty much every shift Turcotte gets abused by someone... dude neeeds to avoid some of these hits and slash back when necessary

He admirably WANTS the contact though, he invites it, constantly beats a guy to the puck instead of self-preservation...someone has to tell him to smarten up and use some position instead of just going balls out at every single thing

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Byfield, Fiala, Kopi, Kempe, Gravs, Spence, Danault, Moore, Foegle, Jeannot, are all ready can we just bench them for the rest of this game and Saturdays.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Watching the game in Quebecois French is a kick...and Elizabeth Rancourt is a beauty and the other lady doing the game makes me want to move to Belle Province

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Holy shit, viel tries to take a flying elbow at turcotte of all people....three kings immediately jump him and i'm as hard as a diamond in a blizzard

Danault has kind of looked like shit this preseason, hope he shakes the rust off
At work but just saw the clip on X.

Hard to recall many responses like that from the Kings during the Bluc era. Most of the time, the best you would get is the poke from Gavrikov but now we got Lee going up high and Burroughs flying in with the gloves off already.

Sure, the latter two are fighting for a roster spot but, man, we haven't really even seen that from guys fighting for roster spots in the past.

I asked if Jeannot was the one that made the hit that freed up the puck for the Thomas goal the other night because that type of play was something you don't see from the Kings very often. I know it is only preseason, but sometimes preseason can say a lot like it did for Kovalchuk's first season with the Kings.

This team looks weaker on paper, but a beautiful thing about hockey is that the team element still means so much. Been banging the drum for years and years now that all this talent means nothing if they don't start playing like they care about one another. The reaction we saw from the hit on Turcotte tonight is what you see from winning teams. Here's hoping that same attitude continues in to the regular season and isn't an isolated incident from fringe roster guys.

This team will be much more fun to watch with that type of attitude, younger guys with more minutes and no PLD.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Imagine what a real GM could do with the $11M+ wasted on Danault and Moore if it was deployed next to Byfield, Kempe, and Fiala.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Apparently PLD had the presence of an Indian Burial ground that put bad juju into the blood of every player on the team. Jetsoning him to DC was like a transfusion performed by a young priest and an old priest narrated by a 4’ tall old white lady with glasses and a funny voice.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
You’re looking for problematic spend on the roster and those two are who you choose to single out? We’ve got way bigger problems than them.
Who else does so little for so much?

Looks like Danault rides passenger for QB’s hatty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad