GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Don't need to. PLD is already fitting in better then when he was a King. Seriously, you all need to get over it. His contract is off the books and it was for only one season. As I just stated, the Jets aren't exactly hitting home runs with the return they got!
He scored a 5-3 goal as the main trigger man when OV and Carlson were resting at home. That won't happen in the regular season when OV is playing to break Gretzky's record. PLD did show more effort last night than he did in any game in a Kings uniform.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Imagine being excited over Pierre-Luc Dubois scoring a preseason goal against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
1727806000576.png

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Kings fans really need to stop being so bitter towards PLD. If you want to be bitter, then get on Blake and not on PLD. Besides, Kuemper for PLD is a win/win situation for both teams. Both teams got out of contracts they didn't want and both teams addressed players they needed. For what Blake gave up for PLD, it aint exactly been smooth sailing for the Jets!
you do not understand, he stopped trying around game 3 of the regular season, he was fine in preseason but it seemed IMO he pouted that kopi was still 1C and 1st PP and it kept getting worse, lost most board battles even to inferior talent and people half his size, didn't engage in forecheck etc, but was still getting regular ice time , while guys like fiala were benched for stupid penalties . Its one thing to struggle with a new team and system and another to quit on the team, at times he was worse than Mike Richards at the end and with that terrible contract for 7 more years WTF . so good luck with him hope it works out with him , but he sure seems like a typical lost in his own head 25 year old that we have to deal with

Reactions: Surf Nutz

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
GMBM didn't get taken. He has history of taking some calculated risks, which something Blake is not capable of! GMBM has won a Cup as a GM, which Blake hasn't even come close to!

He did, it was a one-off with no sustained success, and no plan for the future.....kinda sounds familar, except LA has a Byfield, Clarke etc,

WSH has a Dubois.....

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Kings fans really need to stop being so bitter towards PLD. If you want to be bitter, then get on Blake and not on PLD. Besides, Kuemper for PLD is a win/win situation for both teams. Both teams got out of contracts they didn't want and both teams addressed players they needed. For what Blake gave up for PLD, it aint exactly been smooth sailing for the Jets!
I think 99% of us on here are more upset with Blake for the PLD deal than PLD himself since PLD is what he is and Blake bought it anyways.

That said, I'd rather someone with a good work ethic find an NHL roster spot over him since he is a waste of potential and he's already got his guaranteed money.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Look at the game thread on the Caps board. You will see some familiar comments about his play. Keep in mind that this was a "good" game for him against Columbus.

But they fixed him! You guys are just all bitter!

I'm mostly busting your balls @SherVaughn30 , I appreciate you and especially chatting with you about goalies, but I'm also looking forward to you coming back in December to tell us how right we were ;)

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There is no way that bum completes his contract. Only question is what year he gets bought out. What a total disaster for the Caps cap going fwd. Blake was an idiot - that has been well established - shouldve lost his job over that. PLD has some mental illness that makes him unable to see himself in a broader context other than the mirror.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Thomas better be making this team
Agreed. I was very impressed with him during his stint last Spring; for some reason, he reminded me of Mikko Eloranta during Eloranta's (one) really good season here.

An aside: the announcers aside (and, they weren't horrible last night IMHO), the broadcast itself on KCOP looked and sounded great on our NextGen-capable TV. Salary-cap implications aside, I would love it if the Kings got in on the local-broadcast carrier protocol next season.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Don't need to. PLD is already fitting in better then when he was a King. Seriously, you all need to get over it. His contract is off the books and it was for only one season. As I just stated, the Jets aren't exactly hitting home runs with the return they got!

Ya I bet I know where you work.

Three letters

Don't come here and go all MK Ultra and activate all our damaged sleepers.

After a rough summer of group therapy, some new players, promising stories out of camp, they were retiring the file, safely and deactivated

We want to keep it that way Spooky, what's your end game here.

Nervous about being the most probable go to for any escalation?

As for you guys here , recognize a psy op to not get re-triggered!

It was on PLD more than Blake.

The coaches were not handing him the keys to the first or 2nd line until he could prove he good drive a line in all weather, better than Kopi or Dault.

PLD is probably going to play better and then request a trade to French Canada or the Sunbelt again.

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Agreed. I was very impressed with him during his stint last Spring; for some reason, he reminded me of Mikko Eloranta during Eloranta's (one) really good season here.

An aside: the announcers aside (and, they weren't horrible last night IMHO), the broadcast itself on KCOP looked and sounded great on our NextGen-capable TV. Salary-cap implications aside, I would love it if the Kings got in on the local-broadcast carrier protocol next season.

Ducks are throwing their fans a bone after no playoffs for like a half a decade and dwindling attendance.

LA is in a much different place and AEG knows it and will continue to cash in,

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Trade Moore
Interesting idea but the Kings need to evaluate performances and see what they need before the deadline.

After a poor playoffs any further cool off this season may knock down his already low trade value considering 31 g's last year.

I think we have now seen how good Dault is and how he brings the best out of linemates.

PLD on his wing would have been interesting but glad we dumped before the contract locked in for almost a decade.

One really bad move by Blake that he plunged away and the former, the very underrated signing of Dault.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I for one am gonna being checking in on PLD regularly. Looking forward to it :)
Funny thing is I'm the complete opposite. If there are highlights, lowlights, or memes, I'll look like he's any other player. But I still care more about how Vilardi, Kupari, and Iafallo are doing more than he.

But I also reject the idea of telling a fanbase to "get over it" when I doubt the fervor behind the sentiment isn't related to the team he's playing for now.

Just trolling a team's board and telling them to get over any player is just shitty, especially when you have a personal stake in that player.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Ducks are throwing their fans a bone after no playoffs for like a half a decade and dwindling attendance.

LA is in a much different place and AEG knows it and will continue to cash in,
I'm not sure if the bolded is more of a slight against AEG or our fanbase, but regardless, it appears (unfortunately) to be accurate...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad