GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Happy with how they played last night. Thought the Anderson-Spence pairing worked really well, Byfield line was going, Jeannot getting on the scoresheet, Kuemper played well again. My only problem is that these past 2 games are against the Ducks, and not a regular Ducks lineup either, so I don't want to draw a lot of conclusions yet. These 2 Quebec games will be a real test.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
so I don't want to draw a lot of conclusions yet
Would you feel differently if you had a jump to conclusions mat?

1727798646131.png

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
How do guys like Kuemper so far? From the highlights I have seen of him, he looks quicker/sharper then the 2 years he played for the Caps. Roy/Dubios seem to be fitting well for the Caps. Sorry, Caps my first team and the Kings 2nd.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
How do guys like Kuemper so far? From the highlights I have seen of him, he looks quicker/sharper then the 2 years he played for the Caps. Roy/Dubios seem to be fitting well for the Caps. Sorry, Caps my first team and the Kings 2nd.
He's been very very steady so far.

The one thing that the Kings do well is goalies. Talbot did MUCH better than I expected last year. I consider our goaltending upgraded over last season.

How has that waste of air , PL Dufus, looked so far?

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He's been very very steady so far.

The one thing that the Kings do well is goalies. Talbot did MUCH better than I expected last year. I consider our goaltending upgraded over last season.

How has that waste of air , PL Dufus, looked so far?
Good! Sorry but he was never a fit for the Kings to begin with. Caps did their research, unlike Blake, as there are some players/coaches that Dubois is familiar with. Kings didn't need Dubois, but more offense from their blue line and a younger #1 goalie. Caps have a good history of taking on players where their offensive production bounces back up. Dubios last night centered Tom Wilson and Connor McMichael. He had a goal(PP, GW), assist in a 3-2 win over CBJ.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kings fans really need to stop being so bitter towards PLD. If you want to be bitter, then get on Blake and not on PLD. Besides, Kuemper for PLD is a win/win situation for both teams. Both teams got out of contracts they didn't want and both teams addressed players they needed. For what Blake gave up for PLD, it aint exactly been smooth sailing for the Jets!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Kings fans really need to stop being so bitter towards PLD. If you want to be bitter, then get on Blake and not on PLD. Besides, Kuemper for PLD is a win/win situation for both teams. Both teams got out of contracts they didn't want and both teams addressed players they needed. For what Blake gave up for PLD, it aint exactly been smooth sailing for the Jets!
oh we are. Robitaille and Bergeron too. But PLD will always be the Devil . And just don't take it from me. Bobby Boucher's mom agrees

1727801734410.png

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
PLD looked fine in the preseason last year too, he’s built for this kind of hockey.

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
We thought PLD was gonna be a beast after his preseason with us last year as well. There was a game against the Ducks in the preseason where he was doing everything out there.

Let us know in a month how you feel about him.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
PLD looked fine in the preseason last year too, he’s built for this kind of hockey.
That may be so, but I already see a difference how he's played for the Caps vs playing for the Kings for only 1 season. There is a difference when you play for one team as a luxury as opposed to playing for a team that needs that players offensive skill set.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
No.

Edit: how would you feel if a Kings fan went to the Caps board and told them to stop glorifying PLD?

People have a right to be pissed at all involved. Blake for being dumb enough to make the deal, and PLD for needing every circumstance to be perfect for him (money, term, "instructions", coach, etc) to look "good."

Screw that and apologists trying to invalidate our frustrations.

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
We thought PLD was gonna be a beast after his preseason with us last year as well. There was a game against the Ducks in the preseason where he was doing everything out there.

Don't need to. PLD is already fitting in better then when he was a King. Seriously, you all need to get over it. His contract is off the books and it was for only one season. As I just stated, the Jets aren't exactly hitting home runs with the return they got!

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Good! Sorry but he was never a fit for the Kings to begin with. Caps did their research, unlike Blake, as there are some players/coaches that Dubois is familiar with. Kings didn't need Dubois, but more offense from their blue line and a younger #1 goalie. Caps have a good history of taking on players where their offensive production bounces back up. Dubios last night centered Tom Wilson and Connor McMichael. He had a goal(PP, GW), assist in a 3-2 win over CBJ.

Yes, surely a goal literally standing there doing nothing on a 5-on-3 in a preferential situation vs the worst team in the league in the preseason shows us the Caps have done their research and are surely bringing the magic ingredient that none of the Kings, Jets, or Jackets ever could.

Imagine gloating over PLD after a preseason game, this should age like milk on the LA pavement.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Canada at worlds, too

Guy is a scrimmage hero, let me know when he isn't a liability in any remotely high-intensity game. Him and Fiala were both great for us last season in picking on non-playoff teams and helped contribute to that league-best record vs. bottom 16 teams but their play was also a huge factor in our near-lottery record vs. top-16 teams.

The guy is a classic "2 points and a -3" player. I've never seen such gutless performances in a Kings sweater so yeah, not gonna lay off on him. I can't imagine going to bat for this schlub lol. It would be like me reprimanding CBJ fans for reaming Carter.

Uhhh... take a look around at the thread titles and read a few threads. I'm pretty sure Blake is receiving a healthy amount of warranted criticism. PLD was not a fit for the Kings and hopefully he will do better for the Caps but I've never seen a high paid player act so disinterested in my life of watching hockey except maybe Jeremy Roenick's one season here.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Canada at worlds, too

Guy is a scrimmage hero, let me know when he isn't a liability in any remotely high-intensity game. Him and Fiala were both great for us last season in picking on non-playoff teams and helped contribute to that league-best record vs. bottom 16 teams but their play was also a huge factor in our near-lottery record vs. top-16 teams.

The guy is a classic "2 points and a -3" player.
He's playing with Tom Wilson/Connor McMichael, who are both good two-way forwards. Caps are not gonna have PLD play in a way he's not. PLD was terribly misused playing as a King.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's playing with Tom Wilson/Connor McMichael, who are both good two-way forwards. Caps are not gonna have PLD play in a way he's not. PLD was terribly misused playing as a King.

The guy was playing in the literal softest matchups with the Kings' only PPG winger, cry me a f***ing river. They did everything they could to powder his ass.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Don't need to. PLD is already fitting in better than when he was a King. Seriously, you all need to get over it. His contract is off the books and it was for only one season. As I just stated, the Jets aren't exactly hitting home runs with the return they got!
Try asking literally any Jets fan how thrilled they are having Vilardi score just as much as Dubois in half the games and not having an $8.5m anchor around their necks for 7 years.

Sorry, truth is GMBM got taken to the cleaners by the worst GM in the league on this one. Caps fans seem determined to ignore what 3 previous teams and fanbases have seen to justify this trade so I guess you’ll just have to find out for yourselves.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
No.

Edit: how would you feel if a Kings fan went to the Caps board and told them to stop glorifying PLD?

People have a right to be pissed at all involved. Blake for being dumb enough to make the deal, and PLD for needing every circumstance to be perfect for him (money, term, "instructions", coach, etc) to look "good."

Screw that and apologists trying to invalidate our frustrations.

The guy was playing in the literal softest matchups, cry me a f***ing river. They did everything they could to powder his ass.
Not from what I saw. Man, some of you are so triggered/angry/bitter. Just get over it! You think PLD situation was the only player like that in the NHL?! Plenty of other cases that were forgotten and not talk about as much. You want to get angry, then get mad at Blake more, Doughty injury and the Oilers continuing to haunt the Kings in the playoffs!

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not from what I saw. Man, some of you are so triggered/angry/bitter. Just get over it! You think PLD situation was the only player like that in the NHL?! Plenty of other cases that were forgotten and not talk about as much. You want to get angry, then get mad at Blake more, Doughty injury and the Oilers continuing to haunt the Kings in the playoffs!

Well if you haven't been seeing this then it's clear you read this board AND watch hockey with your eyes closed.

It's fine if you're primarily a fan of another team but presuming to lecture us about things we're already talking about is clueless at best.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Try asking literally any Jets fan how thrilled they are having Vilardi score just as much as Dubois in half the games and not having an $8.5m anchor around their necks for 7 years.

Sorry, truth is GMBM got taken to the cleaners by the worst GM in the league on this one. Caps fans seem determined to ignore what 3 previous teams and fanbases have seen to justify this trade so I guess you’ll just have to find out for yourselves.
GMBM didn't get taken. He has history of taking some calculated risks, which something Blake is not capable of! GMBM has won a Cup as a GM, which Blake hasn't even come close to!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad