GDT: Preseason Games 2 & 3, Oilers Flames in a Double header beer leaguer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Okay why isn’t Emberson playing tonight? Even Stauffer etc haven’t spoken about it. Is he just a scratch tonight?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I gave my two weeks notice this morning, but instead of walking me out and paying me the two weeks I’m getting the silent treatment!

What should I do with my life for the next two weeks? Sudoku only holds my attention for so long.. can I legally do certificate courses I paid for with my own dollar? Ahh

Lucky. I’m an Elementary Teacher who often fantasizes about giving notice (the kids get worse and worse each year) :help:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I actually don’t mind seeing some of our top prospects getting reps with McDavid and Draisaitl. I think it would be really exciting for them and it should give them a confidence boost.

I do find it strange that McDavid is playing with his typical linemates where as Draisaitl isn’t. If Draisaitl’s is willing to play with some prospects, I think it’s good leadership by him. But it probably makes more sense for Draisaitl to establish some chemistry with new linemates so its just kind of strange.
Agreed. Feel like it would have made more sense to do the opposite. Staple Skinner and Arvidsson to Drai all preseason and give a couple prospects a go with McDavid.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
It’s the shit parents.
The education system is also a major problem and has only gotten worse. Class sizes of 30-plus with at least half of them special needs students on individual education plans. Some boards and districts cutting educational assistants. Teaching would be a nightmare. I have teachers in the family and heard horror stories about elementary school kids rushing at the teacher with a pair of scissors. How do kids learn in that environment?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Lucky. I’m an Elementary Teacher who often fantasizes about giving notice (the kids get worse and worse each year) :help:
My daughter is currently doing her education degree at Concordia and she also does some sub/releif EA work in Ft Sask. She’s getting an eyeful through that classroom experience. But it’s also helping prepare her for the future (until she gets jaded after 25 years of it :).

My dad was a HS teacher for 31 years. ( He's now been retired longer than he taught!). He used to say the same thing about the kids as you do. Towards the end of his career he was saying it with regularity. It was time to retire he said.

Hang in there McDrai.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
OAD is off the air 🤣🤣

1000002460.jpg

cantthinkofone

Mar 10, 2017
Going to Calgary's - Always get the B squad, but hoping to see Lavoie, Savoie and Pod.
Last year I seen the C squad beat most of calgarys full time guys. They were down 1-0. They scored with a couple minutes left. It's now 1-1. Then calgary scores but when they reviewed it, it crossed the line just as time ran out. The home crowd was going crazy thinking they won. Then they call back to goal and the oilers score a few moment into overtime. One of my favorite games I have been too.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I’ve decided the McDavid game will go on the TV and the Calgary game on the iPad.
I’d really like to see how Skinner and Arvidsson look. I feel like that line will have a few beauty passes and snipes in this no stakes game

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Shit parents and shit systems. I was always 100% for public schooling for my kids. If my kids can afford it I would advise them to put their kids in a private school.

Reactions: McDrai and Duke74

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Does our line up in Calgary even comply with veteran roster rules for preseason games?
Did you miss our first game vs Jets?
The squad we sent to calgary is ancient compared to last game..
arvidsson, caggiula, Ryan, Skinner, henrique etc.. our B team forwards probably has more games played than flames A squad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad