GDT: Preseason Games 2 & 3, Oilers Flames in a Double header beer leaguer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The one in Edmonton is on Oilers + and whatever illegal streaming service of your choice.

I will post lineups as they become available but might be later in the day as I am enroute to Cowtown as I type this but back home in time to watch one of the two games, maybe both if I can stream the game from Cowtown at the same time.

Thread set to go Live at 6:30 tonight.

IMG_6921.jpeg

IMG_6920.jpeg

Last edited:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Oilers veteran Emberson haha

Interesting that they are playing Henrique with Skinner/Arvidsson and Draisaitl with prospects.

The roster we are sending to Calgary is going to be bad I am guessing. I really don’t like playing weak rosters against better rosters. Feels like a waste to me. Prefer a more balanced approach.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
That's the one I received in my email. I used it like an hour ago. I'd imagine it's not limited to only myself

edit: did you use upper case letters? It only works in full caps
Yep, all caps. Doesn’t work for me unfortunately.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Ughh. Play Draisaitl with his actual linemates

I actually don’t mind seeing some of our top prospects getting reps with McDavid and Draisaitl. I think it would be really exciting for them and it should give them a confidence boost.

I do find it strange that McDavid is playing with his typical linemates where as Draisaitl isn’t. If Draisaitl’s is willing to play with some prospects, I think it’s good leadership by him. But it probably makes more sense for Draisaitl to establish some chemistry with new linemates so its just kind of strange.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
No there isnt
You honestly think that any line combination that Leon plays with in this game is going to impact how his season goes? It's the second game of the preseason.

The Oilers top six is going to be a revolving door of combinations. The guys who are slated top play there are all vets with a decade plus of NHL experience. They will adjust to not playing this game with one another.

I'll add this. The Oilers have to think carefully about a guy like Lavoie. They could well lose him if they waive him because his marquee skill is the toughest one to develop. The guy can score. But I doubt they want to look at him only as a 4th liner. They need to know if he has any chance to play with the big boys at some point in the future. One game won't give you a complete picture. But it is better than nothing.

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I actually don’t mind seeing some of our top prospects getting reps with McDavid and Draisaitl. I think it would be really exciting for them and it should give them a confidence boost.

I do find it strange that McDavid is playing with his typical linemates where as Draisaitl isn’t. If Draisaitl’s is willing to play with some prospects, I think it’s good leadership by him. But it probably makes more sense for Draisaitl to establish some chemistry with new linemates so its just kind of strange.
In many ways Draisaitl is easier to play with for a kid. Away from McDavid he slows down his game and becomes more of a playmaker. McDavid is high octane requiring guys to either think the game at an exceptionally high level to adjust to his pace as Leon does or to simplify their game, just go to the net and be ready. The former is asking a lot of a kid and the latter is not necessarily the style they play.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
You honestly think that any line combination that Leon plays with in this game is going to impact how his season goes? It's the second game of the preseason.

The Oilers top six is going to be a revolving door of combinations. The guys who are slated top play there are all vets with a decade plus of NHL experience. They will adjust to not playing this game with one another.

Ill add this. The Oilers have to think carefully about a guy like Lavoie. They could well lose him if they waive him because his marquee skill is the toughest one to develop. The guy can score. But I doubt they want to look at him only as a 4th liner. They need to know if he has any chance to play with the big boys at some point in the future. One game won't give you a complete picture. But it is better than nothing.

Thats fine play him with connor then.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad