GDT: Preseason Game 8: Red Wings vs leafs 10/5/24 7pm et

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
You have to work in HR or something. You are completely unlikable, it's hard to fathom how it's even possible
I used to be a recruiter back in the day actually haha.

Sorry it bugs you, just honest about the garbage picks we take that we somehow get faux excited for while at the same time seeing all the talent we passed on have success. It stings.

Wonder if we could trade ShanahanMan to the Leafs board for someone there who is miserable all the time? Freshen things up a little bit.
I celebrated the Raymond signing. I celebrated the Pellikka pick. I’ve said Kasper has looked pretty good. Not all negative. But I’m not gonna sit here and pretend things are all rosy when they’re not.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Getting his angles broken trying to defend Matthews, forcing him to take a penalty when lead to a goal.

I missed that...I saw Wallinder get juked by Tavares.

Are you sure it really happened? Sometimes our mind makes us see what we want to see. And I get the impression that you watch these games primarily so that you can find shortcomings and predict failure of the team; and that you somehow derive some pleasure from this, or it serves as a balm for some past injury. And so you really, really want to see an error by a defenseman.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I missed that...I saw Wallinder get juked by Tavares.

Are you sure it really happened? Sometimes our mind makes us see what we want to see. And I get the impression that you watch these games primarily so that you can find shortcomings and predict failure of the team; and that you somehow derive some pleasure from this, or it serves as a balm for some past injury. And so you really, really want to see an error by a defenseman.
Sorry I think you might be right. Might have been Wallinder, not Johanson

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
I celebrated the Raymond signing. I celebrated the Pellikka pick. I’ve said Kasper has looked pretty good. Not all negative. But I’m not gonna sit here and pretend things are all rosy when they’re not.

Good to see you can express some sort of joy in your life. Didn't think that was possible.

Of course people should call out things that are not good with the team or all that stuff. But every day you're in here complaining about shit and just making threads annoying to read. Honestly if this was me, I wouldn't even bother watching if this is giving you so much frustration and negativity, it's not good for you.

Like mentioned above, feels like you're watching just to have a go at players you've all of the sudden targeted to be your whipping boys of the season. And to be all "I told ya so" at people having excitement or being optimistic about players. Imagine that being optimistic about hockey - so called entertainment.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
That Toronto fan that dropped by here to say that the Leafs starters wouldn't be playing hard, they just want to avoid injury -- I wonder if he just saw Tavares diving to the ice to block a shot.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
At the moment, MBN looks like a hockey player that just gets the NHL pace. Whether it be AHL or SHL this season, he's one of those guys that will be playing well at the NHL speed sooner than most. One thing I noticed about him are his hard passes are already. Unique player and I'm excited for him big time

Danielson will need AHL time to get up to speed with the pace and that's okay. Hope he does what Marco did last year

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
At the moment, MBN looks like a hockey player that just gets the NHL pace. Whether it be AHL or SHL this season, he's one of those guys that will be playing well at the NHL speed sooner than most. One thing I noticed about him are his hard passes are already. Unique player and I'm excited for him big time

Danielson will need AHL time to get up to speed with the pace and that's okay. Hope he does what Marco did last year

MBN and Danielson are wings next year. MBN just needs to get a little quicker in his first 3 steps and Danielson needs to hit the weights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad