GDT: Preseason Game 8: Red Wings vs leafs 10/5/24 7pm et

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (100).png

Game will be streamed on ESPN+ Let's Go Boys!

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You guys should win tonight, I suspect my Leafs will be just going through the motions and trying to not get hurt plus no Robertson tonight.
Only thing that may get you guys is if you take penalties, I suspect our vets will actually try on the PP but 5v5 I expect little effort

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I'm starting to think Lalonde is generally out to lunch and can't coach a proper system into these guys to maximize their 200 ft potential. Tarasenko fit that role very well for Florida in their middle 6 not even four months ago. I doubt much changed individually for him over an offseason

The number of blown leads last year with the talent we have on our roster is alarming, and we blew a 3-1 lead again last night

Our defense and goaltending are not ideal, but I'd say worse tandems on other middling teams have managed just fine without collapsing down from multi-goal leads

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
You guys should win tonight, I suspect my Leafs will be just going through the motions and trying to not get hurt plus no Robertson tonight.
Only thing that may get you guys is if you take penalties, I suspect our vets will actually try on the PP but 5v5 I expect little effort
It is a preseason game. The young players will try to impress, the vets to stay away from injuries. It should be an easy win for us. At least our team wears the right colour.
I'm starting to think Lalonde is generally out to lunch and can't coach a proper system into these guys to maximize their 200 ft potential. Tarasenko fit that role very well for Florida in their middle 6 not even four months ago. I doubt much changed individually for him over an offseason

The number of blown leads last year with the talent we have on our roster is alarming, and we blew a 3-1 lead again last night

Our defense and goaltending are not ideal, but I'd say worse tandems on other middling teams have managed just fine without collapsing down from multi-goal leads
He is completely clueless. I hope he gets canned after 10 games

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
It is a preseason game. The young players will try to impress, the vets to stay away from injuries. It should be an easy win for us. At least our team wears the right colour.

He is completely clueless. I hope he gets canned after 10 games
I hope the Yzerman has balls to say enough is enough if we have the same song and dance as last year early on. Another coach could do wonders and Lalonde just needs to go back to assistant coaching elsewhere

Reactions: ShanahanMan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad