GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Been watching the Blues in pre season. Holloway looks absolutely tuned in. We could use a Holloway with Leon right about now. Just a dumb move by Bowman trying to make some type of statement by not signing at least 1.
It's preseason though. Imo Broberg is still going to be the bigger deal. The funny thing to me is that if they pan out well, we can criticize management for losing them but aren't they also redeemed for making those picks in the first place?

It seemed like a never ending parade of people saying both players were bad draft picks

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Been watching the Blues in pre season. Holloway looks absolutely tuned in. We could use a Holloway with Leon right about now. Just a dumb move by Bowman trying to make some type of statement by not signing at least 1.
If ever Holloway was going to be busting his ass on every shift now would be the time. Him and Broberg made themselves the talk of the league by choosing to leave a team that went to game seven of the Finals last season, and a club on which they both had the opportunity to play a decent role this season. Easy to look fired up on day one at a new job when the games don’t count and opponents know it. Let’s see how Dylan handles himself a couple of months down the line when things maybe aren’t going that well for St. Louis and/or his stick goes cold.

Reactions: Oilhawks

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
From NHL edge
Top speed: Draisaitl 92 percentile, Hyman 75 percentile, Nuge 68 percentile, Janmark 79 percentile, 56 percentile, Arvidsson 84 percentile
Speed bursts: Draisaitl 96 percentile, Hyman 80 percentile, Nuge 66 percentile, Janmark 69 precentile, Brown 83 percentile, Arvidsson (usually around 70-75 percentile

Top speed: Foegele 86 percentile, Holloway 78 percentile, McLeod 98 percentile
Speed bursts: Foegele 81 percentile, Holloway 55 percentile, McLeod 99 percentile

They are slower overall but still well above average where itr counts.
Something does not sound right. There is no way Foegele was top 14% in speed. He was SLOW.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I thought that this was kind of a random bad luck one off last year, but we’re right back there this pre-season at least. Leon alone should have had about 7 goals in the pre season, but found so many ways to not score.
His shot seemed off last year and it looks even worse this preseason. I hope that's just a lack of effort or some lingering rust that doesn't continue very long into the regular season.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Everyone knows preseason scoring is the ultimate indicator of who is going to be good this year.

Check out the list of superstars leading the league right now:
1728248792243.png

I'm looking forward to the Art Ross race between McDavid and Lars Eller.

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Jesse P and Yamamoto also torched that pre season and we thought we would have this crazy depth at right wing. 10 games in we didn’t have 1 real top 6 RW.

I think that realization might have hit us around half way through Game 1 even.

I remember being excited about Yamamoto the season we drafted him. He was awesome in pre-season, and I thought we might have stolen a guy that could possibly produce right away. I think after about his second shift in Game 1 it was obvious to anyone with eyes that he had no business in the league.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
My favorite was when Lander had a hatty in one pre season game and apparently it was a given that he would be the next team captain and lead us to greatness. ;)
I was so sure Lander was going to be a lock as a 3c for years to come. Just never was able to make that step from ahl to nhl.

This board is absolutely hilarious this time of year
I do predict it will take the Oilers 10 games or so to wake up again this year. Stuart Skinner will probably have a few rough games out of the gate.

I also think the Oilers should have matched Holloway to have for the third line. He will either take a big step this year or spend it on the IR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad